Transportation Communications Newsletter
Monday, January 20, 2014 – ISSN 1529-1057
Traffic Analytics That Provides Minute-by-Minute Data Visualization, Volume Data and User Delay Costs: New with INRIX Analytics
INRIX Analytics has new features that allow for more granular visualizations of our historical archived data, improved user-friendly access to analytics, and a completely new User Cost of Delay module, including a database of nationwide traffic volume. Join our webinar to learn more and find out how you can participate in the INRIX Analytics Trial Program.
Register for the INRIX Analytics Webinar: January 23, 2014 @ 2:00 pm PST.
1) Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport Poised to Sell Lottery Tickets on iPads at Airport Gates
Link to article in the Star Tribune:
2) Smile, Rhode Island – You're On Surveillance Video
Link to article in The Providence Journal:
3) Cameras Will Capture Every License Plate that Comes Into Lookout Mountain in Georgia and Tennessee
Link to article in the Chattanooga Times Free Press:
4) Upgraded E-ZPass Toll Cameras Installed in New Hampshire
Link to article in Foster's Daily Democrat:
5) Journalism Professor Says FAA Drone Rules Hurt Reporting
Link to interview on Here & Now on WBUR Radio:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
6) New Online Map Tracks Washington State Transportation Spending
Link to article in The Daily News:
Link to map: http://fiscal.wa.gov/WebMaps.aspx
7) Ohio Private Police Exempt from Records Law
Link to AP article:
SAFETY / SECURITY
8) Canada and US to Share Real-Time Border-Crossing Information
Link to article in Government Security News:
9) Smartphone Real-Time Bus Locator Apps Are Coming to Halifax
Link to article in The Coast:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
10) Australian Capital Territory Government Plans for High-Tech Traffic System Revealed
Link to article in The Canberra Times:
11) Anchorage, Alaska Uses Technology to Keep Traffic Moving
Link to story on KTBY-TV:
12) Interview with New York City Helicopter Traffic Reporter Tom Kaminski
Link to story on Cranford Radio:
http://goo.gl/kS8z02 (Part 2)
http://goo.gl/jTtzdY (Part 3)
13) The Smartest Cars Will Need 5G, Ericsson Says
Link to IDG News Service article:
14) New Car Technology Could Slash Your Commute Time
Link to article in the Daily News:
15) In-Car Privacy: What the Auto Industry Can Do Now
Link to editorial in Automotive News:
Systems Engineering for ITS Workshop – February 18-19 – Shoreview, Minnesota
Today in Transportation History
1959 **55th anniversary** The Vickers Vanguard made its first flight.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2014 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net