Transportation Communications Newsletter
Wednesday, January 15, 2014 – ISSN 1529-1057
Traffic Analytics That Provides Minute-by-Minute Data Visualization, Volume Data and User Delay Costs: New with INRIX Analytics
INRIX Analytics has new features that allow for more granular visualizations of our historical archived data, improved user-friendly access to analytics, and a completely new User Cost of Delay module, including a database of nationwide traffic volume. Join our webinar to learn more and find out how you can participate in the INRIX Analytics Trial Program.
Register for the INRIX Analytics Webinar: January 23, 2014 @ 2:00 pm PST.
1) Senator McCaskill Questions Traffic Controllers in Botched Missouri Plane Landing
Link to story on KSMU Radio:
2) M4 and M5 Managed Motorway Project Near Bristol is Completed
Link to BBC News story:
3) South African Transport Minister Pushes for Reliable Road Incident Data
Link to article in Business Day:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
4) Mississippi Transportation Report Says Mississippi DOT Needs More Spending Clarity
Link to AP article:
5) Baltimore Councilman Urges City to Release Speed-Camera Audit
Link to article in The Baltimore Sun:
SAFETY / SECURITY
6) Moscow Region to Boost Protection of Computer Networks to Prevent Hacker Attacks Such as One Which Disabled Traffic Cameras
Link to ITAR-TASS article:
7) Data Tells a Safety Story
Link to US DOT's Fast Lane blog:
8) Real-Time System Lets Staten Island's South Shore Commuters Know When Their Train Arrives
Link to article and video in the Staten Island Advance:
9) New York City's Voice of the Subway
Link to video:
10) Listen in on Some Really Upset British Commuters
Link to article on The Atlantic Cities:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
11) Super Bowl 2014: New Jersey DOT Will be Ready
Link to article in Inside Jersey:
12) Inside the New Jersey Traffic Management Center
Link to article in Inside Jersey:
13) Research Shows How Weather Affects Travel Times in London
Link to article in the Daily Mail:
14) Traffic Application Created for Anna Maria Island, Florida
Link to story and video on Bay News 9:
Link to further information: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ami/id780480567?mt=8
15) US Transportation Secretary Highlights Privacy Concerns Over Car Technology
Link to article in Computer Weekly:
16) Senate Bill Protects Privacy of Auto Data Recorders
Link to article in The Hill:
Link to news release: http://goo.gl/yFhV8i
17) Senator Franken Presses Ford on Location Data Collection Practices
Link to article in Computerworld:
18) Meet the Brains Behind Your Car's Touchscreen
Link to article in Automobile:
19) Panasonic Demonstrates Automotive Head Units Running Navigation and Entertainment from a Connected Phone
Link to article on CNET:
Webinar: Talking Freight Seminar – MAP-21 Update and 2014 Initiatives – January 22
Today in Transportation History
2003 **10th anniversary** Kansas DOT 511 began operation.
2009 **5th anniversary** US Airways Flight 1549 made an emergency landing in the Hudson River after hitting birds following takeoff from LaGuardia Airport.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2014 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net