Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, January 17, 2014 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) Baltimore Councilman Mulls Subpoena for Secret Traffic Camera Audit
Link to story on WBFF-TV:
2) Ports of Tacoma and Seattle Agree to Share Information
Link to article in The Seattle Times:
Link to news release: http://www.portoftacoma.com/Page.aspx?cid=6900
3) Delaware's License Plates: Beauty in the Eye of the Beholder
Link to article in the Cape Gazette:
4) App Gives Police Access to Oft-Used Info, Unclogging 911 Dispatch Centers
Link to article in Government Computer News:
Link to further information: http://www.badgebuddypro.com/
5) Edmonton to Use GPS, Cameras to Tag Parking Scofflaws
Link to CBC News story:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
6) New York State DOT Opens I-81 Outreach Center in Syracuse
Link to article in The Citizen:
7) New Blacksburg Transit Mobile App in the Works
Link to story on WSLS-TV:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
8) On Anniversary of 9/11, Other Agencies Were Left in Dark on Port Authority Lane Closures to George Washington Bridge
Link to article in The Record:
9) New System to Monitor Traffic in Old San Juan, Puerto Rico
Link to article in El Nuevo Dia:
http://www.elnuevodia.com/nuevosistemaparamonitoreareltransitohaciaviejosanjuan-1691328.html (in Spanish)
Link to site: http://its.dtop.gov.pr
10) Motorist Cleared in Landmark Google Glass Case
Link to story on Sky News:
11) How We'll Interact with Our Cars in the Future
Link to article on Quartz:
- Transportation Specialist – FHWA – Lakewood, Colorado or Atlanta, Georgia, or Matteson, Illinois or Baltimore, Maryland
Some milepost signs are more popular than others.
T3 Webinar: Educating Students for ITS Careers: Are Universities Meeting the Challenge? – February 6
Today in Transportation History
1524 **490th anniversary** Giovanni da Verrazano left Madeira, Spain en route to exploring the New World.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2014 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net