π Transportation Communications Newsletter π
Friday, March 14, 2014 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) Irish Aviation Authority Assumes Air Traffic Control for Northern Ireland
Link to article in the Belfast Telegraph:
Link to news release
2) Wearable Technology in Airports
Link to article in Air Magazine:
BICYCLES / PEDESTRIANS
3) Blinking Beacons Warn Drivers of Cyclists on Oregon Bridges
Link to story on KATU-TV:
4) Port of Rotterdam Joins Fight Against GPS Jamming
Link to article in Port Technology International:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
5) Interactive Website Helps Billings, Montana Citizens Get Involved in Transportation Planning
Link to article in the Billings Gazette:
6) Delaware DOT Aims to Keep Public in the Loop on Route 26 Project
Link to article in the Coastal Point:
7) Amtrak Gets on Board with Social Media
Link to blog on Allvoices:
TAXIS / RIDESHARING
8) Hiding in 172 Million Cab Rides: A New Frontier for the 'Sharing Economy'
Link to article on Xconomy:
9) Telematics for Fleet Management Europe 2014
Reports from Telematics Update:
http://analysis.telematicsupdate.com/fleet-and-asset-management/telematics-fleet-management-europe-2014-day-one (Day 1)
http://analysis.telematicsupdate.com/fleet-and-asset-management/telematics-fleet-management-europe-2014-day-two (Day 2)
10) Most Mass Transit Bus Stops in Guam Have No Posted Schedules
Link to story on KTGM/KEQI-TV:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
11) Meet Christchurch's Traffic Puppet Master
Link to article in The Press:
12) Real-Time Traffic Updates in Thessaloniki, Greece
Link to article in Ethnos:
One reason not to play music on your navigation device.
Talking Freight Seminar: Innovative Low-Cost Freight Transportation Collaborations - Public and Private Partnership Opportunities – March 19
Today in Transportation History
1879 **135th anniversary** Albert Einstein was born in Ulm, Germany.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2014 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net