☘ Transportation Communications Newsletter ☘
Monday, March 17, 2014 – ISSN 1529-1057
BUILDING CAPACITY FOR SAFER ROADS
2nd Abu Dhabi Road Safety Forum May 11-13, 2014
The 2nd Abu Dhabi Global Road Safety Forum is a unique meeting for road safety professionals interested in identifying how to achieve ambitious "vision zero" objectives through road safety policies and programs targeting fast-motorizing economies.
The Forum features interactive roundtables with international thought leaders, experienced practitioners and heads of local government presenting measures that have yielded tangible results.
Registered delegates also have access to three certified professional development courses developed by globally-recognized organizations involved in road and traffic safety education.
Program, exhibition opportunities and registration details at
1) Paris Air-Traffic Controllers Strike Set to Disrupt Flights
Link to Bloomberg article:
2) FCC Giving Public Extra Time to Comment on In-Flight Use of Cellphones
Link to article in The Hill:
3) Why Maps Matter
Link to article in FCW:
4) Ireland's National Roads Authority to Deploy Range of ITS
Link to article in The Irish Times:
5) Maricopa County, Arizona SMARTDrive Demonstration
Link to video from MCDOT:
6) Vessel Traffic Management System Launched at Sandakan Port in Malaysia
Link to article in The Borneo Post:
7) On the Ship Bridges of the Future, Mariners Will See the Invisible World
Link to article from VTT:
8) How Design Can Help Build a 'Transit Culture'
Link to blog on The Atlantic Cities:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
9) Louisiana DOTD Develops Interim Solution to Show Traffic Cameras Online
Link to story on KNOE-TV:
Link to news release
10) Sensors Could Put Cars a Step Ahead of Their Drivers
Link to article in The New York Times:
1) Gerald R. Ford International Airport and Steelcase Unveil New, Redesigned Visitor Information Area
Webinar: Freeway Safety Services Sponsorship and Outsourcing Programs – March 19
Today in Transportation History
1979 **35th anniversary** A collapse took place inside Scotland's Penmanshiel Tunnel killing two workers.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2014 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net