Transportation Communications Newsletter
Thursday, March 13, 2014 – ISSN 1529-1057
INRIX Expands Arterial Coverage and Accuracy – Learn about the Challenges & Benefits
We recently expanded our traffic flow data services to include 600,000 centerline miles of arterial coverage across the US. In addition to real-time arterial flow data, historic data can be accessed via the INRIX Analytics platform, providing easy computation of key arterial performance measures.
Join our webinar to learn about computing accurate arterial flow data: March 18, 2014 @ 1:30 pm EDT.
1) Malaysian Officials Criticized for Lack of Information on Missing Jet
Link to story on ABC News:
2) FAA Says It Will Increase NextGen Funding in Fiscal 2015
Link to article in The Star-Ledger:
3) Congressman Urges 'Black Boxes' that Eject from Planes
Link to story on KSDK-TV:
4) Do Airports Need a Brand?
Link to article in Airport World:
5) United to Debut Personal In-Flight Entertainment for iOS Users
Link to story on Fox Business:
6) Gogo CEO on In-Flight Wireless
Link to interview on CNBC:
7) Toll Bills for Virginia's Jordan Bridge Confuse Motorists
Link to story on WAVY-TV:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
8) Virginia DOT Spends Nearly $360,000 to Advertise Tolls
Link to story on WVEC-TV:
9) Wet, Blowing Snow Covers Some LED Traffic Signals
Link to story on CBS Chicago:
10) Idaho Brewery Owner Forced to Take Down Highway Directional Sign
Link to story on KTVB-TV:
SAFETY / SECURITY
11) Parents' Start-Up Fueled by Teen Driving
Link to article in USA Today:
Link to Truvolo: http://www.truvolo.com/
12) Drink Coasters Show Phone App Designed to Deter DUIs in Georgia
Link to story on WSAV-TV:
13) New TV Ad Drives Traffic to SunRail Website
Link to article in The Daytona Beach News-Journal:
Link to commercial: http://youtu.be/5U0B53YxcAU
14) Ototo is a Beautiful Real-Time Public Transit App for You to Try
Link to article in Fast Company:
15) GM Staff, Media Flagged Ignition Fault Long Before Recall
Link to Bloomberg article:
16) Rear Cameras on Cars More Effective than Parking Sensors, Study Finds
Link to article in The Detroit News:
17) Coverage of automotiveIT Congress
5) US DOT Proposes Use of Electronic Logbooks to Improve Efficiency, Safety in Commercial Bus and Truck Industries
Webinar: Federal Program 'Adaptation' Post-Sandy – March 18 – Cambridge, Massachusetts
Today in Transportation History
1974 **40th anniversary** First flight lands at Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2014 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net