Transportation Communications Newsletter
Thursday, March 20, 2014 – ISSN 1529-1057
Join us April 6-8 for IBTTA’s Maintenance & Roadway Operations Workshop in Jersey City, NJ!
Important program additions include an MUTCD (signage) update from IBTTA’s representative, Maurice Palumbo of the Golden Gate Bridge and an overview of ASCE’s new sustainability ENVISION certification program. We’ll see how the Port Authority is dealing with post-Sandy damage AND have a special visit to the top of One World Trade Center and the Tribute Memorial. For the Technical Tour, the Bayonne Bridge is being raised! The Port Authority will take the attendees on to the construction site and explain the process. We’re talking about Extreme Weather Management, Incident Management, Roadside Customer Assistance, Work Zone Safety, Pavement Technologies, New LED Options, Law Enforcement, Innovation in Asset Management and much more. Visit www.IBTTA.org/jerseycity to check out the updated program and to register today!
1) Loss of Malaysia Plane Spurs Calls to Upload Black Box Data to the Cloud
Link to Reuters article:
2) Massachusetts Contest Aims to Map Traffic Habits, Ease Congestion
Link to article in The Boston Globe:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
3) Families Denied New York City Traffic Crash Reports
Link to story on WNYC Radio:
SAFETY / SECURITY
4) One in 14 Motorists Admit to Taking 'Selfies' While Driving
Link to article in ITS International:
5) Singapore's SMART Begins Telematics Technology Trials in Buses to Monitor Drivers
Link to story on ChannelNews Asia:
6) Inside the MBTA's Emergency Training Center
Link to story on WBUR Radio:
7) Kolkata, India Bus Information Rides on GPS Tech
Link to article in The Times of India:
3) Ford Driving Skills for Life Advanced Driving Skills Program Begins Second Decade with New Content, Technology
IBTTA Twitter Chat 'Making the Case for Federal Investment in Transportation; Moving the Public from 'No' to 'Know' – March 25
Today in Transportation History
1964 **50th anniversary** The European Space Research Organization, a predecessor of the European Space Agency, was formally established.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2014 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net