Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, May 1, 2015 – ISSN 1529-1057
The people at Iteris make a difference in mobility. Iteris employees enjoy: comprehensive benefits, vibrant work environments, engaging activities. Openings are across the U.S., from entry-level to practice builders. Services include: analytics, design, integration, systems configuration, signal operations, and TMC design-build. Innovation is required!
Iteris, Inc. is a leader in providing traffic management and weather information solutions. The company is focused on the development and application of advanced technologies and software-based information systems that reduce traffic congestion, provide measurement, management and predictive traffic and weather analytics, and improve the safety of surface transportation systems.
1) Colorado Governor Urges Lawmakers to Kill Red-Light Camera Bill and Introduce New Measure
Link to article in The Denver Post:
2) Virginia Governor Vetoes Surveillance Technology Bill to Chagrin of Privacy Hawks
Link to article in The Washington Post:
3) Missourians May Get Chance to Vote on Red-Light Cameras
Link to story on KBIA Radio:
4) Bing Maps Updated with Expanded Transit Coverage
Link to article on SlashGear:
5) Texas Lawmakers Debate How TxTag Should Handle Complaints
Link to story on KXAN-TV:
6) Improved Communication Helps to Drive Efficiencies Into Transportation Scheduling
Link to article on Logistics Viewpoints:
7) ITS New Jersey's The Connector – April 2015
Link to newsletter:
8) IEEE Intelligent Transportation Systems Society Podcast – SUMO
Link to podcast:
9) Port of Los Angeles Police Chief Indicted on Corruption Charges Involving Smartphone App
Link to story on KPCC Radio:
Link to news release
Link to indictment
10) Philips Rolls Out LED Carpets
Link to article on CNET:
Link to additional information
11) Witnesses: Confusion Over New Traffic Signal Caused Fatal Indianapolis Crash
Link to story on WRTV-TV:
12) Philadelphia City Council Rescinds New Billboard Law After Pennsylvania DOT Pushback
Link to story on KYW Radio:
13) Transit Agencies Battle Controversial Ads By Changing the Rules
Link to story on WNYC Radio:
14) Sticker Used to Catch Gropers Red-Handed is a Hit with Female Commuters in Japan
Link to article in The Japan Times:
Bringing new meaning to personalized mass transit.
- Call for Papers – International Air Safety Summit – Flight Safety Foundation
Today in Transportation History
1940 **75th anniversary**
Michael Baker International was founded.
Webinar: Reno A&A Bicycle Detection and Vehicle Differentiation System – May 12
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2015 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net