Transportation Communications Newsletter
Thursday, May 14, 2015 – ISSN 1529-1057
"My car will do WHAT? Seriously?"
As driving becomes more automated, maps and real-time data will be read and interpreted by vehicles. HERE is working across automotive companies, transportation agencies, and infrastructure providers to bring connected and automated driving solutions to life. This ITS America webinar will describe the technologies HERE is developing, real world examples, and considerations for gaining adoption of these technologies.
When: May 27, 2015 2:00 EDT Click here to register”
1) Spain to Offer Free, Unlimited Wi-Fi in 46 Airports
Link to AP article:
Link to news release (in Spanish)
2) Frustrated Minnesota DOT Seeks New Source of MnPass Devices for Better Supply, Compatibility
Link to article in the Star Tribune:
3) 999 Operators in Guernsey Get Maritime Training
Link to BBC News story:
4) Singapore: Smart Nation Needs Smart Data Management
Link to commentary in The Straits Times:
5) Copies of Famous Artworks Replace Ads on Tehran Billboards
Link to AP article:
6) New DC Circulator Buses Will Have USB Ports and Better Air Conditioning
Link to article in The Washington Post:
7) Virginia Railway Express Mobile Ticketing App Ready
Link to article in The Free Lance-Star:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
8) Traffic Management Team Monitors 150 Traffic Cameras in Richmond, Virginia
Link to article on Richmond News:
9) US Transportation Secretary Talks Autonomous Cars in Silicon Valley
Link to article on CNET:
10) Toyota Expands Tie-Up with Mazda to Share Car Technology
Link to Bloomberg article:
Link to news release
11) Autonomous Vehicles: A Force That Will Transform American Culture
Link to article in FutureStructure:
- Tolling Consultant – Traffic Technologies Inc. – Southern California
- Managing Director/Deputy Director of ITS Joint Program Office – USDOT – Washington, DC
MirrorLink Car Connectivity Hackathon – May 29-31 – Paris
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2015 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net