Transportation Communications Newsletter
Wednesday, May 27, 2015 – ISSN 1529-1057
The people at Iteris make a difference in mobility. Iteris employees enjoy: comprehensive benefits, vibrant work environments, engaging activities. Openings are across the U.S., from entry-level to practice builders. Services include: analytics, design, integration, systems configuration, signal operations, and TMC design-build. Innovation is required!
Iteris, Inc. is a leader in providing traffic management and weather information solutions. The company is focused on the development and application of advanced technologies and software-based information systems that reduce traffic congestion, provide measurement, management and predictive traffic and weather analytics, and improve the safety of surface transportation systems.
1) Scientist Creates Drones that Fly Autonomously and Learn New Routes
Link to article on Nanowerk News:
Link to original article in Investigacion y Desarrollo (in Spanish)
2) Increasing Police Use of License-Plate Scanner Technology Raises Privacy Concerns
Link to article in The Denver Post:
3) Rhode Island Plan Would Make Large Trucks Pay Tolls on 17 to 20 Bridges
Link to article in The Providence Journal:
Link to news release
4) USDOT to Participate in 2015 ITS America Annual Meeting
Link to further information from USDOT's ITS Joint Program Office:
5) Honolulu's Traffic Decision Makers Open Data for Transportation Developers
Link to article in Pacific Business News:
6) Ohio State and Honda Steer Research Toward Transportation Innovation
Link to article in The Lantern:
7) New App Helps Users Share Infrastructure Data with Local Officials
Link to article in Engineering News-Record:
Link to further information from the American Society of Civil Engineers
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
8) Businesses, Schools in Dublin, Ohio Want to Share Information on Construction Project
Link to article in the Dublin Villager:
9) Driverless Truck Corridor Between Mexico and Manitoba Proposed
Link to CBC News story:
10) Apple Maps' Public Transit Directions Might Only Support Six Cities at Launch
Link to article on The Verge:
11) GM Patents a Way to Auction Off Your Radio Presets
Link to article on Jalopnik:
2) New Chicago Transit Authority Customer Courtesy Campaign Aims to Promote Dialogue About Courteous Behavior on Buses and Trains
3) Report: How Underground Urban Rail Systems Can Manage Pedestrian Traffic in Increasingly Crowded Stations
International Symposium on Enhancing Highway Performance – June 14-16 - Berlin
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2015 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net