Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, May 15, 2015 – ISSN 1529-1057
The people at Iteris make a difference in mobility. Iteris employees enjoy: comprehensive benefits, vibrant work environments, engaging activities. Openings are across the U.S., from entry-level to practice builders. Services include: analytics, design, integration, systems configuration, signal operations, and TMC design-build. Innovation is required!
Iteris, Inc. is a leader in providing traffic management and weather information solutions. The company is focused on the development and application of advanced technologies and software-based information systems that reduce traffic congestion, provide measurement, management and predictive traffic and weather analytics, and improve the safety of surface transportation systems.
1) United Airlines Wants People to Hack Its Websites, Not Its Planes
Link to article in Fortune:
2) Widow: Southwest Prevented Me from Calling My Suicidal Husband
Link to story on Fox News:
3) UAS Center of Excellence Director Says FAA Regulations a Priority
Link to article in UAS Magazine:
4) New Jersey Man Leads Fight to Feature PATH Trains Prominently on New York City Subway Map
Link to blog on Gothamist:
5) Singapore Wins Bid to Host 2019 ITS World Congress
Link to story on AsiaOne:
Link to news release
6) ITS Phase I Making Progress in Edmonton
Link to article in the Edmonton Sun:
7) Amateur Radio Nets Are Crucial Link in Maritime Rescues
Link to article in The ARRL Letter:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
8) North Dakota DOT Deploys Hologram Tool to Promote Seat-Belt Use
Link to article in the Grand Forks Herald:
9) Amtrak Says Shortfalls and Rules Delayed Its Safety System
Link to article in The New York Times:
10) Reporter Finds Misinformation, Confusion on Train Trips Between Central New Jersey and Philadelphia
Link to article in the Asbury Park Press:
SAFETY / SECURITY
11) Seattle's Metro Transit Testing Talking Buses
Link to story on KING-TV:
Link to news release
12) Metra Months Away on Ticket App
Link to article in the Daily Herald:
13) Can Technology Help Improve Mass Transit Use?
Link to article in Government Technology:
14) Seven Ways Florida's SunRail Plans to Boost Ridership, Revenue
Link to article in the Orlando Business Journal:
15) Slammed by Phone Rivals, Sharp Looks to In-Car Displays
Link to article in Computerworld:
2) The Entertainment Industry's Voice for Road Safety Launches 'RADD College DUI Awareness Campaign'
- Tolling Consultant – Traffic Technologies Inc. – Southern California
From time-to-time I've featured some funny airline safety videos in the Friday Bonus. Looks like someone has saved me some time by putting together this compilation.
Workshop: Connected Vehicle Reference Implementation Architecture – June 10-12 – Cambridge, Massachusetts
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2015 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net