Transportation Communications Newsletter
Thursday, May 28, 2015 – ISSN 1529-1057
Iteris hosts MAP-21 Discussion at 5th International Transportation Systems Performance Measurement and Data Conference in Denver, Colorado on June 1-2
Iteris will be hosting a workshop for agencies to share how they plan to respond to the MAP-21 System Performance Measure Rule and to provide an opportunity for agencies to see Iteris’ new iPeMS® MAP-21 Module. The iPeMS® MAP-21 Module leverages the National Performance Management Research Data Set (NPMRDS) in order to help states and MPOs efficiently satisfy reporting requirements.
Join us to collaborate with other agencies on performance measurement needs and discuss plans to approach MAP-21 requirements. The workshop will be held at the Grand Hyatt Denver and meeting room details will be provided to those who RSVP. Reserve your spot today!
Iteris Workshop I - Monday, June 1 from 12:00 PM (noon) to 1:00 PM CT
*Please note, Iteris will only be hosting one workshop during this conference, not two as previously advertised. We hope to see you there.
1) Spanish Air Traffic Controllers Call Strikes in June
Link to article on Spanish News Today:
2) New Technology Helps More Airplanes Take Off at Hartsfield-Jackson
Link to story on WSB-TV:
3) Zambia's RTSA to Install Traffic Cameras on All Major Highways
Link to article on Zambia Reports:
4) Google Maps to Allow Offline Turn-by-Turn Directions
Link to article on CNET:
5) Audits Show Inaccurate Billing on Florida Toll Roads
Link to story on WFLA-TV:
6) ITS Australia Newsletter – May 2015
Link to newsletter:
7) Articles from South Carolina DOT's The Connector – Spring 2015
- SCDOT Expands Its Social Media Reach on Facebook (page 3)
- Meet Drew Stewart, SCDOT's Video Producer (page 7)
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
8) Texas Senate Passes Bill Barring Release of Accident Reports
Link to article in the San Antonio Express-News:
9) How Big Data and the Internet of Things Improve Public Transport in London
Link to article in Forbes:
10) New Initiative Touts Michigan as Connected Vehicle Hub
Link to AP article:
Link to news release
11) Tiny Lasers on Microchips Could Help Self-Driving Cars 'See' The Road
Link to article on Gizmodo:
1) Gogo Receives First Supplemental Type Certification for Next Generation Satellite Internet Service
2) Navtor AS and Nautic AB Join Forces to Launch New Navigation Offering for International Shipping Industry
- Request for Proposals – Integrated Mobility Solutions for Smarter Cities and Communities – New York State DOT and New York State Energy Research and Development Authority
Autonomous Vehicle Test & Development Symposium – June 16-18 – Stuttgart
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2015 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net