Transportation Communications Newsletter
Tuesday, May 5, 2015 – ISSN 1529-1057
Announcement: Introducing INRIX Insights™, a Breakthrough in Population Movement Analytics
Today INRIX introduces the first data and analytics product to tap into big data from the connected car. Through unique analysis into the movement of people, vehicles and commerce, INRIX Insights™ enables transportation agencies to gain insight from the connected car for use in urban planning, including OD trip records and volume counts by day of week and side of road.
1) NTSB Issues Safety Recommendations on Wrong Airport Landings
Link to article in Forbes:
2) How the Orlando Airport Went Fully Wireless
Link to article in Network World:
3) In-Flight Magazines Go Literary
Link to article in The New York Times:
BICYCLES / PEDESTRIANS
4) Some Suburban Minnesota Crosswalks Disappearing Due to ADA Requirements and Costs
Link to story on KARE-TV:
5) Bike-Bump Form Helps Cyclists Plan Caltrain Trips; Feeds Transit Agency Useful Data
Link to story on KCBS Radio:
6) ITS America Annual Meeting Preview News
Link to update:
7) Florida DOT's SunGuide Disseminator – May 2015
Link to newsletter:
8) How Smart Traffic Lights Could Transform Your Commute
Link to article in Time:
9) Life-Saving Tech to Prevent Wrong-Way Crashes Slow to Arrive in North Texas
Link to story on KXAS-TV:
10) Highways England Says Electronic Signs Will Only Be Used for Big Incidents
Link to article in the North-West Evening Mail:
11) Federal Act Endangers Giant Times Square Billboards
Link to article in The Real Deal:
SAFETY / SECURITY
12) US Lawmakers Push Distracted Driving Prevention
Link to article in The Hill:
13) Partnership Aimed at Helping Visually Impaired Access Mass Transit
Link to article in the Wichita Business Journal:
14) Has Freedom of Speech Run Its Course with the New York MTA?
Link to WNYC Radio's The Brian Lehrer Show:
15) Is New York Quietly Changing Its Subway Station Lettering?
Link to blog on CityLab:
16) Hold Your iPhone Up and It Points the Way to a Bus Stop
Link to blog on PSFK:
1) New Inrix Insights Platform Transforms Smart Cities Planning, Retail Analytics and Advertising Measurement
Teens in the Driver Seat Summit – May 17-19 – San Antonio, Texas
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2015 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net