Transportation Communications Newsletter
Thursday, October 20, 2011 – ISSN 1529-1057
In preparation for GEWI's 20th anniversary in 2012, a new version of www.gewi.com has been launched. The new website allows users to locate information about GEWI products and market information much more easily. A few new items you'll notice at the new website:
* Improved Navigation
* New Framework
A new website framework is used to provide more content per page, and organized into a MAIN information window and ADDITIONAL information window to keep the most popular GEWI content readily available to web visitors.
* New Videos
Product feature videos are now available for TIC Camera features, TIC for Weather, Work Zones and TIC for iPad, but this is just the beginning. In the future, more videos will be available not just for product features, but also for user training and customer support.
To discuss your project requirements please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
1) NAACP, ACLU Sue Philadelphia Over Rejected Billboard Ad for Airport
Link to article in The Philadelphia Inquirer:
Link to news release from the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People:
2) Technology Improving Houston Airport Management
Link to story and audio report on KUHF Radio:
3) Can Smartphone Apps Replace Permanent Airport Signage?
Link to article on Future Travel Experience:
4) A Look Inside Oregon State's Bicycling and Driving Simulator Laboratory
Link to blog on BikePortland.org
5) E-card Payment System to be Introduced in Azerbaijan Transport
System will let passengers get info about best routes in all modes via terminals in bus stations, seaports, airports and other public facilities.
Link to article on News.Az:
6) Transportation Technology is Moving Ahead
Ten transportation professionals talk about career prospects.
Link to article in Diversity/Careers in Engineering & Information Technology:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
7) Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority Holds Four Meetings Out of the Public Eye
Link to article in The Washington Post:
8) Amtrak Soft Launches Wi-Fi, but with Content Filtering
Link to blog on Greater Greater Washington:
SAFETY / SECURITY
9) US Senate Proposes Cut in Seat Belt Grants, Boost for NHTSA Website
Link to article in The Detroit News:
10) BART Proposes Policy to Govern Cellphone Blackouts
Link to article from the Contra Costa Times:
11) Bangalore Inaugurates Metro System – First in India with Wi-Fi
Link to article in the Economic Times:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
12) A Review of Metro Manila Development Authority's Updated Traffic App
Link to story on GMA News:
13) Cloud Connectivity Turns Cars Into Chameleons
Link to article in Wired:
Intelligent Traffic Systems Middle East Summit – November 21-24 – Abu Dhabi
Today in Transportation History
1976 **35th anniversary** The ferry MV George Prince sank after being struck by a ship while crossing the Mississippi River between Destrehan and Luling, Louisiana. Seventy-seven people died in the disaster.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2011 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net