Transportation Communications Newsletter
Tuesday, October 25, 2011 – ISSN 1529-1057
GPS / NAVIGATION
1) European Commission Considering Renaming of Galileo Commercial Arms as Result of Trademark Challenge from US Company
Link to article on EurActiv:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
2) The Transportation World Should Embrace Social Media … Carefully
Link to blog from the Eno Transportation Foundation:
3) Seattle Debuts RainWatch Tool to Track Rain and Snow Levels
Link to story and video on KIRO-TV:
Link to Seattle RainWatch: http://www.atmos.washington.edu/SPU/
4) 'MyFord' Leads to Drop in Vehicle Reliability for Ford
Link to video on AutoNewsNow:
Link to further information from Consumer Reports:
5) TripAdvisor Mobile Guides Smartly Steer Tourists
Link to article in USA Today:
6) Transport for London Eyes Staff Cuts Through Technology
Link to article in the Financial Times:
http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/fd86f344-fe62-11e0-a72c-00144feabdc0.html (free registration required)
Link to news release from RMT:
7) For New York City Subway Riders, Everything is Better with Countdown Clocks
Link to article in The Wall Street Journal:
8) RFID Tags Used to Track Materials for Toronto Subway Expansion
Link to article in the Journal of Commerce:
9) Automakers Embrace Hands-Free Text-Messaging Technology
Link to article in The Washington Post:
10) Toyota Adopts New Car-Connectivity Protocol for In-Car Smartphone Use
Link to article in automotiveIT:
11) Next-Gen Smartphone and Radio Tech: Key to Offering Advanced Content Without Distracting the Driver
Link to podcasts from Telematics Update:
Symposium: Improving Real-Time Operations – October 28 – Newark, New Jersey
Today in Transportation History
1931 **80th anniversary** The George Washington Bridge, which connects Fort Lee, New Jersey and Manhattan, opened to the public.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2011 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net