Transportation Communications Newsletter
Tuesday, October 4, 2011 – ISSN 1529-1057
Smarten UP! Sensys Networks’ Universal Platform of Integrated Wireless Vehicle Detection Solutions at the ITS World Congress
Orlando, FL October 16 – 20
Low-cost, dependable, easily installed—and deployed, discover why Sensys Networks’ wireless sensor networks are rapidly replacing legacy transportation systems as the detection solution of choice for the world’s largest traffic data systems.
We invite ITS World Congress delegates to interact with on-going demonstrations of VDS 2.0 — the newest version our award-winning suite of integrated wireless vehicle detection systems. From a single intersection—to an entire region, Sensys Networks wireless Universal Platform provides a flexible, highly cost-effective framework for all vehicle detection applications.
To find our more about our game changing technology, visit us at Booth 1857, or in the Mobility Village, and get ready to Smarten UP! with Sensys Networks Universal Platform of wireless vehicle detection applications. www.sensysnetworks.com/home/sn-at-wc/
1) San Francisco Bay Area Transit Cops Testing Clip-On Cameras
Link to article in Government Technology:
2) ITS Australia Summit: Consistency Critical to Maximize Value of ITS Technologies
Link to article in Transport & Logistics News:
3) Connecting the DOTs, a Guide for Connecting with Your Department of Transportation
Link to report from the NADO Research Foundation:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
4) Annoyed by Public Address Messages? Now Experts Say They Don't Work and Put You at Risk
Link to article in The Telegraph:
5) Public Engagement in Facebook: Exploring Vancouver, British Columbia's Transportation Future
Link to blog on America Speaks:
6) Officials Say Efforts to Teach People Safety Have Worked in Oregon
Link to article in the Statesman Journal:
SAFETY / SECURITY
7) TSA Buys Machines to Check IDs and Airline Boarding Passes
Link to story on CNN:
8) Unexpected Problem Arises as Nevada Drivers Comply with Cellphone Ban
Some drivers are pulling onto highway shoulders for calls.
Link to article in the Las Vegas Review-Journal:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
9) Beating Traffic Tie-Ups with Technology
Intelligent Mechatronic Systems collects real-time traffic data and delivers it to vehicles.
Link to article on itbusiness.ca:
10) Integrating Business Processes to Improve Travel-Time Reliability
Link to report from the Transportation Research Board:
9th truckIT Forum – November 7-8 - Atlanta
Today in Transportation History
1911 **100th anniversary** The first escalator was installed in the London Underground in the Earl's Court Station.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2011 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net