Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, June 1, 2012 – ISSN 1529-1057
TCN Fund Drive
Usually May and November are the two months I hold my fund-raising drive to support the Transportation Communications Newsletter. I started last month but had to suspend it because of large number of ads that ran in May. Since I wasn't able to do it too often last month I plan to extend the drive into June.
If you'd like to donate to help support the TCN please see how you can contribute below. As I've said in the past, there are several ways you can support the TCN. In addition to monetary gifts, you can advertise in the TCN, hire me for voiceover services you need, or simply share the TCN with others and encourage them to subscribe.
1) Plan to Update Air Traffic Control System Faces Delay
Link to McClatchy Newspapers article:
2) Using Mobiles as Boarding Pass at Airports
Link to article in The Times of India:
3) Gogo and AeroSat Collaborate on Ku-Satellite Solution to Provide Connectivity Outside US
Link to article in Inflight:
4) Are Airports the Final Frontier in Travel Technology?
Link to article on Tnooz:
5) Barents Sea Watch Web Portal Launched
Link to article on BarentsObserver:
Link to article in Finnmarken:
http://www.finnmarken.no/lokale_nyheter/article6083448.ece (in Norwegian)
Link to BarentsWatch: http://www.barentswatch.no/
6) Shenzhen to Make Huge Investment for Intelligent Transportation
Link to article on Shenzhen Post:
SAFETY / SECURITY
7) Using Smartphone Behind the Wheel is More Dangerous than Drink Driving
Link to article in SOL eMagazine:
8) Free Wi-Fi London Tube Stations Named
Link to BBC News story:
Link to news release from Transport for London: http://goo.gl/R8u8X
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
9) New Highway Information Kiosks Debut at Colorado Truck Stop
Link to article in the Times-Call:
10) Profile of Birds Eye System, Provider of Real-Time Traffic Information in India
Link to article in The Economic Times:
11) Verizon Bets on Connected Car in $612 Million Hughes Deal
Link to Dow Jones Newswires article:
Link to news release: http://goo.gl/KHk1m
12) COMeSafety2 Newsletter – May 2012
Link to newsletter:
Checks or money orders may be mailed to:
1 Aberdeen CT
Cranford, NJ USA 07016-2911
You may also donate online with a credit card via PayPal at:
Workshop: Personal Data Protection and Security Aspects Related to ITS Applications – June 12 – Brussels
Bet you've never been on a subway ride like this.
Today in Transportation History
1912 **100th anniversary** The first service station which used an enclosed gas pump opened in Columbus, Ohio.
1982 **30th anniversary** Norfolk Southern created with the consolidation of the Norfolk and Western Railway and Southern Railway.
1997 **15th anniversary** NYCRoads.com, a website which features the history of highways in the New York metro area, debuted on Geocities.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2012 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net