Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, June 22, 2012 – ISSN 1529-1057
TCN Fund Drive
One of the things I like best about producing the TCN is that it allows me to stay on top of transportation news from around the world. While there are negative stories I run across, they are outweighed by the positive articles about new technologies (see story #3), ways organizations are working together (story #11) and how even basic communications can save lives (story #8). I hope that by sharing these articles daily I, in some small way, am able to influence the advancement of transportation by letting you see what others are doing and using these ideas in your own organization. Twice a year I reach out for financial support to keep the TCN going. This June is one of those times. Please see below how you can help support the TCN.
1) Fasten Seatbelts for Chance to Win … an In-Flight Safety Video?
Link to article on Tnooz:
2) Granite City, Illinois Police Post Videos of Red-Light Runners on Facebook
Link to story on KTVI-TV:
3) Nanotech Paint Can Show Stress and Strain
Link to UPI article:
4) Google Launches Fleet Management Service
Link to article on iTnews:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
5) Bill Lets California DOT Skip Newspaper Notices
Link to AP article:
6) New Jersey Senate Committee Approves Bill Creating 90-Day Freeze on Accident Report Release
Link to article in The Star-Ledger:
SAFETY / SECURITY
7) TSA Wants Spyware to Screen Employees' Digital Activities for Leaks
Link to article on Nextgov:
8) New York MTA Launches Campaign to Stop Subway Riders from Crowding Platform Edge
Link to article in the New York Post:
9) India's KSRTC Bets Big on Intelligent Transport System
Link to article in Daily News & Analysis:
10) Putting Bus Data at the Heart of an Integrated Transport System
Link to article in Local Transport Today:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
11) Kentucky State Police Say Teamwork Key to Keep Speedway Traffic Flowing
Link to article in the Lexington Herald-Leader:
12) Automakers Must Adapt Business Models to Embrace Future Transport Systems
Link to article in Automotive News:
Checks or money orders may be mailed to:
1 Aberdeen CT
Cranford, NJ USA 07016-2911
You may also donate online with a credit card via PayPal at:
Webinar: The New National ITS Architecture’s V7 – What’s New and How to Use It – July 10
You know those prototype vehicles you see at car shows? Here are a few from the past that never made it into production.
Today in Transportation History
1962 **50th anniversary** An Air France flight crashed while landing at Guadeloupe. All 113 people aboard the aircraft were killed.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2012 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net