Transportation Communications Newsletter
Thursday, June 7, 2012 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) FAA Will Deliver Equipage Incentives: Huerta
Link to article in Air Traffic Management:
GPS / NAVIGATION
2) Satnavs Accused of Distracting Drivers
Link to article in The Telegraph:
Link to news release form Royal Holloway College: http://goo.gl/NvfYw
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
3) Should Governments Invest in Video Technology?
Link to article in Government Technology:
SAFETY / SECURITY
4) US Government Steps Up Effort to Combat Distracted Driving
Link to AP article:
Link to news release from US DOT: http://goo.gl/UpKIm
5) New York City Seeks Proposals for Taxi Payment App
Link to story on NY1:
6) RTA Riders in Cleveland Can Soon Track Arrivals of Buses and Trains
Link to article in The Plain Dealer:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
7) Nepal Traffic Police Launch FM Station
Link to article in The Himalayan:
8) Is Detroit Buying Verizon's LTE-Connected-Car Vision?
Link to article on GigaOM:
9) Security for Cars Enters New Age
Link to article in The Detroit News:
1) American Road Technologies Deploys Freedom Pass Mobile – Allows Travelers to Pay Tolls Via Smartphone
6) Glympse and Mercedes-Benz Announce Partnership to Provide Real-Time Location Sharing While Driving
Train Communications Systems 2012 – June 13-14 – London
Today in Transportation History
1892 **120th anniversary** Homer Plessy was arrested for refusing to leave a white-only rail car in Louisiana. He was the plaintiff in the landmark Plessy v. Ferguson case in which the US Supreme Court upheld 'separate but equal' state segregation laws.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2012 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net