Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, June 8, 2012 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) iPad Installations at Airports Take Some of the Stress Out of Traveling
Link to article in Macworld:
2) For FAA, It's Not Just Planes in the Cloud
Link to article in The Washington Post:
3) FHWA Issues Interim Approval for the Optional Use of an Alternative Design for the US Bicycle Route (M1-9) Sign
Link to further information from the Federal Highway Administration:
4) Judge in Tennessee Rules Against Red-Light Camera Companies
Link to story on WBIR-TV:
5) Paper or Digital? How Do You Want Your Map?
Link to story on American Public Media's Marketplace:
6) In Telematics Realm, Varying Approaches to Delivering a Connected Drive
Link to article in The New York Times:
7) Telematics Central to Electric Vehicle Design
Link to blog on ZDNet:
8) San Francisco Muni Cameras to Look for Abnormal Behavior
Link to article in the San Francisco Chronicle:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
9) Social Media Will Help Kentucky State Police with Traffic at NASCAR Race
Link to story on WKYT-TV:
10) Real-Time Traffic Info Gets More Real
Link to article in Wired:
ERTICO Forum: Public-Private Partnership Success Stories on ITS Deployment – June 21 – Brussels
The world's strangest parking garages.
Today in Transportation History
1967 **45th anniversary** The USS Liberty was attacked by Israeli forces during the Six Day War. The attack left 34 Americans dead.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2012 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net