Transportation Communications Newsletter
Wednesday, June 13, 2012 – ISSN 1529-1057
TCN Fund Drive
On Monday I told you one of the ways to support the TCN was through advertising. Yet another way is by using my voiceover services. There are plenty of people who do voice work, but not too many who specialize in transportation. I've had a number of voiceover clients, including some of the biggest names in the transportation business; the NYC subways, the Port Authority of NY & NJ, Siemens, Virginia DOT, Bombardier and IBTTA. Each day over a million people hear my voice in various venues.
While I continue to welcome contributions to the TCN (see details below) I want you to know you can also get something extra in return for your support. Please check out my website to learn more and to hear samples of my work. Thank you!
1) Planned Free Wi-Fi at Los Angeles Airport Halted Over Lack of Competitive Bidding
Link to article in the Daily Breeze:
2) Unique Airport App Feed Flyers
Link to story on KTXL-TV:
3) Dems Tweet Pressure on GOP to Compromise on Transportation Bill
Link to article in The Hill:
4) News from ERTICO
- iMobility Forum Launches Legal Issues Working Group
- Cinterion Publishes Case Study on eCall
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
5) Alberta Seeks Input on Highway 63 in Telephone Town Hall
Link to article on Global News:
6) This Rest Area Brought to you by the Makers of … Charmin?
Iowa DOT will be seeking bids on sponsorships for rest areas along interstates.
Link to article in The Des Moines Register:
SAFETY / SECURITY
7) App Sends Warning When Child is Left Alone in Hot Car
Link to article in USA Today:
8) Integrating the Highway Safety Manual Into the Highway Project Development Process
Link to guidebook from FHWA:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
9) New Traffic Data System to Help Ease Gridlock in Los Angeles County a Step Closer
Link to article in the Los Angeles Daily News:
10) ARTIMIS Traffic Camera Network Being Re-routed to Columbus, Ohio
Link to story on WLWT-TV:
11) Traffic Lights in Galway Now Talking to Each Other
Link to article in the Galway Independent:
12) Apple Deploys Waze Traffic Report App
Link to article in Globes:
13) US Transportation Secretary, Senior Transportation, Law Enforcement, Fire and EMS Executives to Meet on Traffic Incident Management
Link to further information from the Federal Highway Administration:
14) Future of Driverless Cars Faces Legal Roadblocks
Link to story from Discovery News:
15) Though Siri-ous, Automakers May be Botching Infotainment
Link to article in Forbes:
Checks or money orders may be mailed to:
1 Aberdeen CT
Cranford, NJ USA 07016-2911
You may also donate online with a credit card via PayPal at:
Webinar: Transit Customer Service for People with Disabilities: Taking Your Training to the Next Level – June 18
Today in Transportation History
1927 **85th anniversary** Charles Lindbergh received a ticker-tape parade down Fifth Avenue in New York City.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2012 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net