Transportation Communications Newsletter
Monday, June 25, 2012 – ISSN 1529-1057
Integrated Marketing and Public Information Officer - Orlando
This Orlando-based mid-level position manages integrated marketing and public information campaigns for state Departments of Transportation and transit agencies while also responding to Requests for Proposals (RFPs). The right person for this position excels at managing large scale integrated marketing and public information campaigns. They’ll also have a strong business sense and a track record of identifying and winning new work through responding to RFPs. This work is strategic and fast paced, requiring quick turn-around, precise attention to detail, and a good sense of humor. Responding to business development and client needs, including facilitating live media coverage, requires early morning, late night and occasional weekend hours. Regular travel will be required for client meetings, news events, and on-going outreach activities. Knowledge of state DOTs, transit agencies, the FHWA, Intelligent Transportation Systems, and major media markets is a plus. Bachelor’s degree required.
Global-5, Inc., is an Orlando based national award-winning integrated marketing, multimedia, public information, sponsorship sales firm serving transportation and transit clients. Global-5 is an EOE, offering a comprehensive health care and benefits package, including 401K profit sharing. Salary is commensurate with experience. After researching Global-5, please email your cover letter, portfolio, and resume to email@example.com.
1) New Way-Finding System Considers New Haven, Connecticut Pedestrians, Bicyclists
Link to article in the New Haven Register:
2) Video Monitor Tracks Drivers Taking Risks at Mer Rouge, Louisiana Train Crossing
Link to article in the Bastrop Daily Enterprise:
GPS / NAVIGATION
3) Why Proprietary In-Car Navigation Systems Need to Die
Link to blog on ZDNet:
4) Articles from FHWA's Focus
- Sharing Best Practices and Project Solutions Through the Construction Peer Network
- FHWA Introduces New Asset Management Website
SAFETY / SECURITY
5) Give States Money to Fight Distracted Driving? Congress Ponders
Link to article in the Los Angeles Times:
6) At Houston Airport, TSA Tries Out Device that Targets Fake IDs
Link to article in the Houston Chronicle:
7) Development of a Sensing Methodology for Intelligent and Reliable Work-Zone Hazard Awareness
Link to report from the Transportation Research Board:
8) Hughes Telematics: A Seamless Journey 'From Drive to Park'
Link to interview on Telematics Update:
9) Presto Readers Failing Because Designers Made Wrong Assumption, Transit Commissioner Says
Link to article in the Ottawa Citizen:
10) Cleveland RTA Says Fare Machines Don't Measure Up, So Supplier Won't Get Payment
Agency claims machines are too complicated for riders.
Link to article in The Plain Dealer:
11) Groups Look to Rally Transit Riders, Businesses, Build Coalition
Link to article in The Tampa Tribune:
12) Six New York City Subway Stations Get Free Wi-Fi
Link to story on NY1:
13) HELP Developing New Truck Screening System for Weigh Stations
Link to article in Heavy Duty Trucking:
14) In-Vehicle Siri Has Dealers, Consumers Buzzing
Link to article in Automotive News:
15) Electronic Proof of Car Insurance Authorized in Louisiana
Link to article in The Times-Picayune:
16) Microsoft Connected Car Plans Include Kinect, WP8 and the Cloud
Link to blog on SlashGear:
17) Trip Planning and Weather on a Single Map – an Obvious and Helpful Combination
Link to article on Tnooz:
3) Traffic Congestion Plummets Worldwide: Inrix Traffic Scorecard Provides a Revealing Look at Europe's Struggling Economies
- Assistant Transportation Engineer – Iteris – Troy, Michigan
- Director of Operations – Iteris – Kansas City, Missouri
The Great American Trucking Show – August 23-25 – Dallas
Today in Transportation History
1997 **15th anniversary** The unmanned supply ship Progress M-34 collided with the space station Mir.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2012 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net