Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, July 13, 2012 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) Airlines with the Most Followers on Twitter and Why It Matters
Link to article on Tnooz:
2) Pro-Palestinian Poster at Metro-North Stations Spurs MTA Official to Seek Ban on Political Ads
Link to article in The Journal News:
3) British Insurance Brokers' Association Predicts Telematics Sales to Hit 500,000 in Two Years
Link to article in Insurance Age:
Link to news release: http://goo.gl/s0nLR
4) Clever Devices Acquires Digital Recorders
Link to article in Long Island Business News:
Link to news release: http://goo.gl/rHtzG
5) Best Practices in Bus Dispatch
Link to report from the National Center for Transit Research:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
6) High-Tech Traffic Management System Takes Off in Chennai Today
Link to article in The Times of India:
7) Qatar Interior Ministry Signs Agreement for Traffic Management Pilot
Link to article in Gulf Times:
8) New Guidelines for UK Motorway Incidents
Link to article on Traffic Technology Today:
9) A Look at Traffic Reporting in Vancouver, British Columbia
Link to article in the South Delta Leader:
10) Makati City, Philippines Launches Twitter Traffic Account, Improved Website
Link to article from the Philippine Information Agency:
11) Transit Voice
A profile of transportation voiceover announcer Bernie Wagenblast.
Link to video on FiOS 1's Push Pause:
Symposium: Integrated Corridor Management – Using Technology and Partnership to Maximize Transportation System Capacity – July 24 – Newark, New Jersey
Before cloaking devices could be used for starships, a smaller scale project was tried.
Today in Transportation History
1977 **35th anniversary** Subways in New York City stopped and Kennedy and LaGuardia airports closed as a power failure hit the city.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2012 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net