Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, July 6, 2012 – ISSN 1529-1057
GPS / NAVIGATION
1) Why Americans and Europeans Give Directions Differently
Link to article on The Atlantic Cities:
2) Chennai Port Gets Vessel Traffic Management System
Link to article in Business Line:
3) Helicam Offers Bird's Eye View of Georgia Port
Link to article in the Savannah Morning News:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
4) US Transportation Bill Makes Technical Service Bulletins Available to Consumers
Link to article in Consumer Reports:
SAFETY / SECURITY
5) Bosses Pressed to Target Distracted Driving Employees
Link to article in The Examiner:
6) US Immigration and Customs Enforcement to Buy Mobile License Plate Recognition System to Find Fugitive Aliens
Link to article in Government Security News:
7) 300 Minicabs Add to London's Free Wi-Fi Services
Link to blog on ZDNet:
8) Cutting-Edge Technology 'Huge' for Farmers, Dealerships
Link to article in Iowa Farmer Today:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
9) An Interview with New York City Traffic Reporter, Jeff McKay
Link to interview on All Access:
2) Carmel Car and Limousine Service Announce Traffic Information-Sharing Partnership with WEMP Radio
Insurance Telematics USA – September 5-6 – Chicago
HOV Lanes: Babies – OK, Skeletons – Not OK.
Today in Transportation History
1747 **265th anniversary** John Paul Jones, best known for his naval service during the American Revolution, was born in Kirkcudbright, Scotland.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2012 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net