Transportation Communications Newsletter
Tuesday, July 24, 2012 – ISSN 1529-1057
Join IBTTA September 9-13, 2012 for our 80th Annual Meeting & Exhibition in Orlando, Florida.
This year’s annual meeting promises to provide top-notch content combined with an exhibit hall and exciting special events and tours. Hosted by Florida’s Turnpike Enterprise, the Miami-Dade Expressway Authority (MDX), the Tampa-Hillsborough Expressway Authority and the Orlando-Orange County Expressway Authority, attendees will hear about tolling solutions and experiences from across the globe. Network with toll industry professionals and hear experts discuss transportation policies, contemporary issues and innovative solutions to worldwide mobility challenges.
Register by August 24, 2012 to receive the early bird registration discount. And be sure to book your hotel today to receive the IBTTA negotiated rate. To get all the meeting details and to register, visit .
1) Report: Federal Air Safety Program Falling Short
Link to story on Fox News' America's Newsroom:
2) Congress Passes Bill Boosting Rights of Pilots in FAA Disciplinary Proceedings
Link to AP article:
3) US Appeals Court: Ads for Plane Tickets Must Show Real Cost
Link to Reuters article:
4) Chicago Transportation Planner Creates Offline Bike Lane Map for iPhone
Link to blog on Chicagoist:
5) Maritime Traffic Monitoring Satellite Launched
Link to article on redOrbit:
6) Articles from Spring Issue of the University of California Transportation Center's Access
- Thinking Outside the Bus
- Dynamic Ridesharing
7) ITS JPO Director Shelley Row to Leave US DOT at End of September
Link to further information:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
8) Moviemaking: Storytelling Kansas Airports
Link to story on KSAL Radio:
SAFETY / SECURITY
9) Statewide DWI Database a Possibility in Louisiana
Link to article in The Advertiser:
10) Q&A: Telematics, UBI and the Connected Vehicle
Link to interview on Telematics Update:
11) SEPTA Says It Did Not Know About Lobbying-Disclosure Rules
Link to article in The Philadelphia Inquirer:
12) How 'Siri Eyes-Free' Will Team with Your Car's Voice Tech
Link to blog in Wired:
Ohio Conference on Freight – September 13-14 – Sandusky, Ohio
Today in Transportation History
1847 **165th anniversary** Brigham Young and a group of Mormon pioneers arrived in the Salt Lake Valley.
1897 **115th anniversary** Amelia Earhart was born in Atchison, Kansas.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2012 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net