Transportation Communications Newsletter
Tuesday, July 10, 2012 – ISSN 1529-1057
Attend IBTTA's Summit on All-Electronic Toll Collection, July 22-24, 2012 in Atlanta, GA
Head to “HOT-lanta” for IBTTA’s , the sixth in a series of workshops focused on all-electronic tolling. This year’s general sessions will cover all facets of AETC at a higher level, while two breakout tracks will focus on the details of roadway systems and technologies, and back-office systems and customer management. This Summit will be hosted by the State Road and Tollway Authority (SRTA) and the Georgia Department of Transportation (GDOT). View the preliminary agenda, learn about sponsor and exhibitor opportunities and register today at .
1) Wireless Win-Win-Win: New Hybrid Wi-Fi Services Appeal to Airports, Passengers and Wireless Providers
Link to article in Airport Improvement:
2) Apple Wins Patent for iTravel Application
Link to article on CNET News:
3) Top Three Ways Information is Making Transportation More Efficient
Link to blog on ThinkProgress:
4) Change is Coming to Travel Technology, Driven by Access to Data and Eager Developers
Link to blog on Tnooz:
5) Free Online ITS Standards Training Modules
Link to further information from FHWA:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
6) Interview Project Will Chronicle Personal Stories Behind San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge
Link to article in the Contra Costa Times:
7) Pittsburgh Transit Agency Could Waste $100,000 if Deal to Avoid Service Cuts Comes Late
Link to article in the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review:
8) Good Ideas for Cities: Making Transit Social
Link to blog in Good:
9) Public Transportation Moves with Analytics
Link to blog on All Analytics:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
10) Michigan DOT to Install Traffic Sensors on Mid-state Highways
Link to story on WILX-TV:
11) German ADAC Chief: Connected Cars Almost There
Link to article in automotiveIT International:
Future of Road Vehicle Automation and Pre-Conference Workshop on Early Automation Deployment Opportunities in Managed Lane Operations – July 24-26 – Irvine, California
Today in Transportation History
1962 **50th anniversary** Telstar 1 was launched. It was the first commercial communications satellite.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2012 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net