Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, July 27, 2012 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) Websites for Florida Airports Getting Updates
Link to article in the Sun Sentinel:
2) On Delay in Bike-Share Program, New York City Gives Few Details Beyond 'Software'
Link to article in The New York Times:
GPS / NAVIGATION
3) GPS Data Gets Boost from New EU Service
Link to article on CNET News:
4) An App that Could Stop Traffic
Algorithms that automatically reroute your car look like the next trend in mobile mapping.
Link to article in Technology Review:
5) The Voice of New York: Bernie Wagenblast, Transportation Expert and Broadcaster
Link to interview on Manhattan Neighborhood Network's Let Them Talk:
6) Thinking Aloud: The Thinking Highways Podcast – Show 3
Link to podcast:
7) DC Metrorail Parking Pay-by-Phone Pilot
Link to PlanItMetro blog:
8) What to Do About Protecting Distracted Pedestrians
Link to AP article:
9) Maryland's Bay Bridge Gets Weather Alert Upgrade After Violent Storm
Link to article in The Baltimore Sun:
10) Ranking the Nation's Worst Friday Afternoon Commutes
Link to article in Governing:
SAFETY / SECURITY
11) Lawsuit Against 'No Fly' List Allowed to Proceed
Link to article in The Hill:
12) Study: Teen Driver Cellphone Use Unaffected by Restrictions, Despite Awareness
Link to article in Directions:
13) Sydney Real-Time Bus App Data Still on Hold
Link to article in The Sydney Morning Herald:
14) Who I Am. Heyward, the Voice Behind New York MTA Subway Announcements
Link to video:
15) GM Working on Wi-Fi Direct Application to Prevent Vehicle-Pedestrian Accidents
Link to article on Phys.Org:
16) BMW Dashes Into Future with ConnectedDrive System
Link to article on Wheels.ca:
3) Research and Markets: Connected Car Guide - Automotive Speech Technology - 2012 Offers a Clear Explanation of the Problems in Voice Recognition and the Solution
Webinar: Inrix Analytics - Turning Traffic-Related Data into Information – August 16
A traffic version of the glass half-full/half-empty debate.
Today in Transportation History
1987 **25th anniversary** RMS Titanic, Inc. begins salvage operations at the site of the wreck.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2012 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net