Transportation Communications Newsletter
Monday, July 16, 2012 – ISSN 1529-1057
Andean Highway Congress: Innovation, Solutions and Sustainability - August 20-22, 2012, Lima, Peru
This event will be the first conference in the world exclusively dedicated to the design, construction, operation, management, safety, sustainability and intelligent transportation systems of highways in the context of the Andean Region. The objectives are to provide participants with key tools to improve their knowledge of global best-practices applicable to challenging high altitude and mountainous environments, and to showcase to the rest of the world the experience in construction and operations obtained in the Andean region. The event is organized by the International Road Federation (IRF) and sponsored by ODEBRECHT, one of the most important highway construction and operation companies in the world.
1) GE Aviation: Highways in the Sky
Link to article on AirlineReporter.com:
2) Articles from Airport Improvement
- Greater Rochester International Economizes Emergency Operations Center Construction
- Philadelphia International Tests Web-Based System for Managing Airfield Ops
3) European Transport Ministers to Discuss ITS with Industry
Link to article in New Europe:
4) Smartphone Apps + 'Ride-Sharing' = Travel Revolution? Two Startups Say Yes
Link to blog on Ars Technica:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
5) Massachusetts Governor Locks Down State House Parking Logs
Link to article in the Boston Herald:
SAFETY / SECURITY
6) Buses in New Jersey Must Use Flashing Lights When Picking Up, Dropping Off Disabled Person, New Law Says
Link to article in The Star-Ledger:
Link to news release: http://goo.gl/SJgYo
7) Toronto Subway Suicide Hotline Making a Difference
Link to article in the Toronto Star:
8) Nokia Transit App Puts Stops and Schedules on Windows Phone
Link to blog on MSNBC:
9) Let's Talk Trains – July 15
Interview with a voiceover announcer about his transit work.
Link to program:
http://goo.gl/pKSwT (interview starts at 63:50)
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
10) Chennai to Introduce Notification System as Part of Traffic Management System
Link to article in The Asian Age:
11) Niagara Falls Bridge Commission Offering Real-Time Traffic Updates
Link to story on CKTB Radio:
12) Can Total Traffic Network Deliver 'Total Traffic on Demand?'
Link to blog from Strategy Analytics:
3) Owner-Operator Independent Drivers Association Files Lawsuit Against FMCSA Over Safety Record Database
- Economist – Research and Innovative Technology Administration – Cambridge, Massachusetts
Webinar: Communicating and Marketing for All-Electronic Tolling – August 1
Today in Transportation History
1872 **140th anniversary** Roald Amundsen, the first person to reach the South Pole and leader of the first ship to travel through Canada's Northwest Passage, was born in Borge, Norway.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2012 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net