Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, November 2, 2012 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) Tampa International Sues Over Hernando Airport's Use of the Word 'Tampa'
Link to article in the Tampa Bay Times:
2) US DOT Consumer Committee Recommends Transparency of Airline Fees
Link to blog in The Dallas Morning News:
3) ITS World Congress – Closing Speech by Professor Eric Sampson
Link to text from ERTICO:
4) User Attitudes Toward Real and Synthetic Speech
Link to report from the Centre for Communication Interface Research at the University of Edinburgh:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
5) AASHTO Report Helps State DOTs Better Communicate Issue of Transportation Funding
Link to article in the AASHTO Journal:
6) Owner of Florida Parking Garage Demands $7,500 for Photos from Artist
Link to blog in the Broward/Palm Beach New Times:
SAFETY / SECURITY
7) TR News September-October 2012: Blueprints to Improve Highway Safety
Link to further information from the Transportation Research Board:
8) Lost? Follow That Voice!
Link to interview with Bernie Wagenblast on NEWDradio:
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/newd/2012/11/02/the-naked-truth (interview starts at 37:35)
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
9) Virginia Beach/Old Dominion University Traffic Planning Center Opens
Link to article in The Virginian-Pilot:
Link to news release: http://goo.gl/H0hJJ
2012 Airport Exchange – November 26-28 – Amsterdam
I think they're missing the point.
Today in Transportation History
1947 **65th anniversary** Howard Hughes made the first and only flight of a plane known as the 'Spruce Goose.'
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2012 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net