Transportation Communications Newsletter
Thursday, November 22, 2012 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) FAA's Online Flight Delay Tracker Takes a Dive
Link to article in Politico:
2) East China Air Traffic Management Bureau to Study Computerized Flight Management System
Link to article on Eastday:
3) Google Rolls Out Indoor Maps to Desktops
Link to article on ZDNet:
4) Could Twitter Help Urban Planners Improve Transport Networks?
Link to article in The Guardian:
5) CBC Traffic Reporter Wins Road Safety Award
Link to CBC News story:
6) West Virginia DOT to Install 511 Signs Along Highways
Link to story on WTAP-TV:
7) Apple's Maps Mess and BMW Give Boost to Transit App Embark
Link to article on GigaOM:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
8) Virginia DOT Operations Center Helps Keep Holiday Traffic Moving
Link to story on WVIR-TV:
9) Grant Will Fund 511 Transportation Hotline in San Luis Obispo, California
Link to article in The Tribune:
10) Missouri DOT Looks to Help Black Friday Traffic
Link to story on KMOV-TV:
11) New Computer System Allows Georgia Drivers to Check DMV Wait Times Online
Link to story on WJBF-TV:
Link to news release: http://goo.gl/jb0rR
3) HungaroControl Joins European Project to Develop Environmentally-Friendly Air Navigation Tools and Techniques
Achieving the Goals of the White Paper on Transport: How Civil Society Can Help with Delivery – December 7 – Brussels
Today in Transportation History
1977 **35th anniversary** Air France and British Airways began Concorde service between Europe and New York City.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2012 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net