Transportation Communications Newsletter
Tuesday, November 6, 2012 – ISSN 1529-1057
Are you ready for MAP-21 and RTSMIP requiring performance measurements and multiple system monitoring requirements for states? This webinar will review these federal programs and requirements and illustrate how INRIX products and services can greatly ease the cost and complexity of compliance. Register now for the November 14, 1:30-3:00 pm EST webinar.
1) Port Columbus Airport Adding Electronic Information Kiosks
Link to article in Columbus Business First:
2) The FAA's Ambitious NextGen Program Gets Big Data Boost
Link to blog on ITworld:
GPS / NAVIGATION
3) ADASIS Ten Year Anniversary Video Released
Link to video via ERTICO:
4) iMobility Network Newsletter – November 2012
Link to newsletter from ERTICO:
5) Huntsville, Alabama Contemplating New-Look Signs to Help Vehicles, Pedestrians Navigate Downtown
Link to article in The Huntsville Times:
6) Traffic Control Devices, Visibility, and Highway-Rail Grade Crossings
Link to report from the Transportation Research Board:
7) Chapel Hill Transit Bus Ads in Limbo Until December
Link to article on Chapelboro.com:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
8) Bangkok Traffic Police to Become 'Smart'
Link to article in The Nation:
9) 12 European Carmakers Move Closer to Implementing Car-to-Car Communication
Link to article in automotiveIT International:
Living in New Jersey I've had a front-row seat to both the damage of Superstorm Sandy and the ongoing recovery efforts. Both have been amazing. Thanks go out to all those who made herculean efforts to first prepare for a storm unlike any we've seen in this area and then to bring back some semblance of normal conditions. This includes first responders, transportation agencies, government employees, volunteers, neighbors, elected officials and utility workers. It's truly been an astounding effort. Among the ways you can help is by making a donation to the American Red Cross at redcross.org.
Future of Nav – November 28-29 – Paris
Today in Transportation History
1962 **50th anniversary** Voters approved a bond issue to fund the start of construction for the Bay Area Rapid Transit System.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2012 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net