Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, November 16, 2012 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) Gatwick Airport to Hold Live Twitter Q&A for Disabled Passengers
Link to article in Airport World:
Link to news release: http://goo.gl/Zq1iQ
2) International Civil Aviation Organization Oversees Real-Time Flight Plan Transition
Link to article in Air Traffic Management:
3) SeatID Helps You Avoid the Crying Baby and the Smelly Hippie on Flights
Link to article on The Next Web:
4) Seattle: Who's Tracking Your License Plate – and Why
Link to story on KING-TV:
5) Association of American Railroads: Industry Committed to PTC Implementation, Despite Challenges
Link to article in Railway Track & Structures:
6) Electronic Device Distraction: A Message to Railroaders from FRA Administrator Joe Szabo
Link to video from the Federal Railroad Administration:
SAFETY / SECURITY
7) Young Drivers Still Texting, Surfing the Web
Link to article in USA Today:
8) SOL eMagazine No. 9
Articles on road safety efforts in Central Europe.
Link to SOL eMagazine:
9) Sri Lanka Color Codes Public Transport Vehicles
Link to article on ColomboPage:
10) Hack Day Resulting in Transit-Screen Excitement
Link to blog from Mobility Lab:
11) More Angelenos Riding Buses, Boarding Trains Thanks to Smartphone Technology
Link to blog on LAist:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
12) Conference Calls for Intelligent Transport Systems in Fiji
Link to Fiji Broadcasting Corporation story:
Art work in the form of bridges.
- Assistant General Manager – First Transit – Peoria, Illinois
- Principal Transportation Planner – Capitol Region Council of Governments – Hartford, Connecticut
2012 Committee for a Smart New Jersey Symposium – December 14 – Piscataway, New Jersey (Rescheduled Date)
Today in Transportation History
1962 **50th anniversary** The Detroit trolleybus system ended service.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2012 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net