Transportation Communications Newsletter
Monday, November 5, 2012 – ISSN 1529-1057
November TCN Fundraiser
While I always appreciate contributions for the TCN during my twice-a-year fundraisers, I'm just as happy to offer something in return for your donation. This way you can make a contribution and get something of value in return! For example, for a $50 contribution I'll be happy to make a 60-second or less recording for you or someone of your choosing. For a $100 contribution, you can get an ad in the TCN.
Have another idea? Just let me know. As always, you can make a contribution with the information below.
1) FAA OKs New Flight Paths for Landings at Seattle-Tacoma Airport
Program will use satellite-guided technology and result in fuel savings.
Link to article in The Seattle Times:
2) FAA Advances NextGen Data Comm, Voice System Acquisitions
Link to article in Aviation International News:
3) Asian Airport Operators a New Tech Frontier for Amadeus
Link to article in the Bangkok Post:
4) (Don't Get) Lost in Translation – Mastering the Language of Aviation
Link to article in FAA Safety Briefing:
5) Cyclists' GPS Data Used to Improve Cycle Infrastructure in Fort Collins, Colorado
Link to article on road.cc:
6) These Remotely Operated Boats Will Defend US Harbors – with Surface-to-Air Missiles
Link to article on Gizmodo:
7) Adding a Bit of Intelligence to Transportation
Link to article in Connected World:
8) Urban Mobility Day – European Commission's Expert Group on ITS for Urban Areas
Link to article from ERTICO:
9) Bookstores in Transportation Centers Take Cues from Indies
Link to article in Publishers Weekly:
10) South Carolina DOT Customer Service Center Handles Agency Calls
Link to article in The Connector:
11) Indiana DOT, Purdue Partner on Program to Match Accidents, Damage Reports
Link to article in the Journal and Courier:
12) US DOT Anticipates 400 Reports Annually of 'Close Calls' from DC Transit Authority Employees
Link to article in Government Security News:
13) Metrobus Won't Allow Public to View Video of Accidents
Link to story on WRC-TV:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
14) Georgia 511 System, Traffic Cameras, Navigator Website Out of Order
Link to article in The Atlanta Journal-Constitution:
15) Your Local Traffic Report … From Hundreds of Miles Away
Link to article in The Washington Post:
16) WTOP Thinks Traffic Reports Should Be Home-Grown, But Does It Matter?
Link to blog on DCist:
17) Seattle Offers Number of Online Resources to Track Winter Weather
Link to CHS Capitol Hill Seattle blog:
18) Silicon Valley Technology Could Be Key to Connect Cars for Safer Driving
Link to article on SiliconValley.com:
19) Loss Aversion to Road User Charging and the Autonomous Vehicle
Link to Grush Hour blog:
Checks or money orders may be mailed to:
1 Aberdeen Court
Cranford, NJ USA 07016-2911
You may also donate online with a credit card via PayPal at:
- Call for Papers – 9th European ITS Congress – ITS Ireland
- Exhibition and Sponsor Opportunities – 9th ITS European Congress – ITS Ireland
Webinar: Inrix Data as a Tool to Meet New US Federal Requirements – November 14
Today in Transportation History
1967 **45th anniversary** In Lewisham, England a passenger train derailed at the Hither Green Station. The crash killed 49 people and injured 78.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2012 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net