Transportation Communications Newsletter
Thursday, November 29, 2012 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) NextGen Air System Jeopardized by Lawmaker Interference
Link to Bloomberg article:
GPS / NAVIGATION
2) Once Lost, Trimble Finds Direction
Link to story on CNBC's Mad Money with Jim Cramer:
3) Intertraffic World – Annual Showcase 2013
Link to magazine:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
4) California DOT Agrees to Greater Public Scrutiny of Expert Panels
Link to article in The Sacramento Bee:
5) California DMV Launches 'Answer Man' Web Video Series
Link to article in Government Technology:
Link to news release: http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/newsrel/newsrel12/2012_16.htm
6) China's Ministry of Public Safety Orders Deadly Traffic Signals Fixed
Link to article in the Global Times:
SAFETY / SECURITY
7) Do Safety Message on Electronic Highway Signs Really Help Drivers?
Link to story on WATE-TV:
8) Air Passenger Screening: TSA Needs to Improve Complaint Processes
Link to GAO report:
9) US Department of Homeland Security May Review Superstorm Sandy Warnings
Link to blog in The Washington Post:
10) Insurance Telematics and Data Interpretation
Link to commentary on Telematics Update:
11) How Failed Tcard Project Brought New Life to Apps Development at Transport for New South Wales
Link to article on ZDNet:
12) Future Driving: Controlling a Car with a Wave of the Hand?
Link to blog in The Wall Street Journal:
Webinar: Keeping Risks in Check - Applying the Updated FHWA Model Systems Engineering Document to Adaptive Signal Control Technology Systems Implementation – December 20
Today in Transportation History
1962 **50th anniversary** France and Great Britain sign a treaty to jointly develop and produce a civil supersonic aircraft.
1987 **25th anniversary** Korean Air Flight 858 exploded in mid-air from a bomb placed on board by North Korean agents. All 115 people on the flight died.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2012 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net