Transportation Communications Newsletter
Thursday, November 15, 2012 – ISSN 1529-1057
November TCN Fundraiser
It's time for my second TCN fundraiser of 2012. Each May and November I ask for your support for the Transportation Communications Newsletter. That support can come in several ways, including monetary donations, the purchase of ads and voice services and simply letting others know about the TCN. The TCN has been around since 1998 and just last month I started a new service that I hope to grow called "Transportation Radio." TR allows me to do reporting on transportation news stories in a long-form audio format. Your financial support will allow this service to grow. The reports have not only appeared in the TCN but in other transportation newsletters I produce. I welcome your ideas and support. Please see below on how to contact me and how to make a contribution.
1) United Airlines Computers Up and Running Again After Causing Delays
Link to article in USA Today:
2) Travelers at Denver International Airport to Receive Free Global Calling Service
Link to article on eTN:
3) Australian Researchers Look at Improving Navigation Through Airports
Link to story on 612 ABC Brisbane Radio:
4) Tranquil 'Nature Tent' Allows Passengers to Escape from Stress at Helsinki Airport
Link to article in Airport World:
5) Articles from Airport Industry Review
- How the Single European Sky Concept Will Improve Air Traffic Management
- Swedish Trial of Performance-Based Flight Path Technology
- Intelligent Airports – Could Tomorrow's Airport Systems Predict Passenger Flow?
6) Riding Along with Nokia Maps and the True Mapping Car
Link to photo review on CNET:
GPS / NAVIGATION
7) GPS Confusion Makes Local Maryland Neighborhood a Truck Stop
Link to article in the Towson Times:
8) Port of Port Townsend, Washington Moves to iPads
Link to article in the Peninsula Daily News:
9) OnStar Launches Traffic-Avoidance Service in China
Link to blog on GM Authority:
10) Smartphones as the Gateway to Fleet Telematics
Link to article on Telematics Update:
11) Boston T Says Smartphone Ticket App is a Hit with Commuter Rail Riders
Link to article in The Boston Globe:
12) Bicycles, Motorcycles to Join Thousands of Talking Cars Operating in Ann Arbor, Michigan
Link to article on Ann Arbor.com:
1) Port Authority of New York & New Jersey Board Authorizes Replacement, Upgrade of Smart Sign System at George Washington Bridge
Checks or money orders may be mailed to:
1 Aberdeen Court
Cranford, NJ USA 07016-2911
You may also donate online with a credit card via PayPal at:
- Transportation Specialist (FHWA Freight Performance Measures Program) – Federal Highway Administration – Washington, DC
Automotive News World Congress – January 15-17 – Detroit
Today in Transportation History
1942 **70th anniversary** The Heinkel He 219, a German fighter plane, made its first flight.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2012 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net