Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, November 9, 2012 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) How New York's MTA Restored Service … to the Subway Map
Link to article on Transportation Nation:
2) Lack of Coordination Hampering Maritime Safety Efforts in South Africa
Link to article in Engineering News:
3) Urban Mobility Day – Cities Meet Industry
Link to article from ERTICO:
4) Transport Technology Facility Opens in UK
Link to article in Plastics & Rubber Weekly:
Link to news release: http://goo.gl/gP6t5
SAFETY / SECURITY
5) National SMS System Successful During Superstorm Sandy
Link to article in Government Technology:
6) iPads Help Virginia Students Learn Dangers of Bad Driving Habits
Link to article in The Roanoke Times:
7) California's MTC Considering Changes to FasTrak, Clipper Info-Storing Policies
Link to article in The Examiner:
8) New York MTA Holds Video Conferences on Fare Hikes – In Empty Rooms
Link to article in the New York Post:
9) Illinois' RTA Launches goroo App
Link to article in Metro:
10) Writer Pens Metra Travel Blog
Link to article in the Morris Daily Herald:
11) Virginia Judge: DMV Can't Revoke Ethnically Offensive Tags
Link to article in The Virginian-Pilot:
12) Australian National Transport Commission Throws Support Behind Cooperative ITS Applications
Link to article in Australian Transport News:
- Request for Proposals – City of Charlotte, North Carolina – CATS Origin-Destination Study
Talking Operations Webcast: Integrating Ridesharing with Transit - The Current State of Practice – November 28
Your job, promote a new movie and create a flight safety video passengers will watch.
Today in Transportation History
1887 **125th anniversary** The United States took possession of Pearl Harbor under a treaty with the Hawaiian Kingdom.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2012 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net