Transportation Communications Newsletter
Monday, January 21, 2013 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) Smoothing the Airport Wait
At LaGuardia Airport, Delta use iPads to fill the wait time.
Link to article in The New York Times:
2) Naples, Florida Airport Misses a Chance to Bond with Public
Link to editorial in the Naples Daily News:
3) ERTICO eMagazine – January 2013
Link to magazine:
4) Communications and Single Point Failures: What's Your Back-Up Plan?
Link to article in Marine News:
5) Bad Parking Job? Text the Driver Through the License Plate
Link to article on CNET:
6) Concerns Raised Over Warning System for Amtrak Acela Trains in Mansfield, Massachusetts
Link to story on WBZ-TV:
7) Understanding the Contributions of Operations, Technology, and Design to Meeting Highway Capacity Needs
Link to report from the Transportation Research Board:
SAFETY / SECURITY
8) Voice-Operated Texting While Driving: As Unsafe as It Ever Was
Link to blog on The Atlantic Cities:
9) Bill Seeks to Block Maryland Transit Administration from Recording Passengers' Conversations
Link to article in The Baltimore Sun:
10) Port Authority of Allegheny County to Launch New Service for Arrival Information
Link to article in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette:
Link to news release: http://goo.gl/8eJ5Z
11) New York MTA Turns Off Blue Lights on Buses to Avoid 'Confusing' Drivers
Link to article on Transportation Nation:
12) An App That Uses Frustrated Riders' Phones to Tell You the Bus Will Be Late
Link to article in Fast Company:
13) Articles from Mass Transit
- Deciphering Google's Offerings in Today's Fast-Paced Environment
- Smarter Security
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
14) University of Maryland Lab Helps Keep Inauguration Traffic on Track
Link to article on Ellicott City Patch:
15) Top Car Tech from CES and the Detroit Auto Show
Link to video on CNET on Cars:
16) The Beast: President Barack Obama's High-Tech Super-Limo
Link to article on The Car Connection:
Inland Rivers, Ports & Terminals 2013 Conference – March 19-21 – New Orleans
Today in Transportation History
1968 **45th anniversary** A US Air Force B-52 bomber carrying four hydrogen bombs crashed at Thule Air Base in Greenland.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2013 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net