Transportation Communications Newsletter
Thursday, January 31, 2013 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) Houston Airports to Get Connected with Free Wi-Fi
Link to article in the Houston Business Journal:
2) Airport-Centric Magazine Takes Flight in Special Niche
Link to article in the Journal Sentinel:
3) An End in Sight to the Paper Documents for Air Cargo?
Link to article in Air Cargo World:
4) North Carolina's Triangle Toll Road Double-Billing Drivers with Two Tags
Link to story on WRAL-TV:
GPS / NAVIGATION
5) Smartphones Can Solve the Map Update Challenge Now
Link to Strategy Analytics blog:
6) News from ERTICO
- EDITS (European Digital Traffic Infrastructure Network for Intelligent Transport Systems) Launched
- New EU Project, Compass4D, Starts Deploying Road Safety and Energy Efficiency Services in Seven European Cities
7) Articles from IMO News – Issue 4 2012
- IT Systems Handover Brings Marine Electronic Highway Closer to Fruition (page 28)
- Tanzania Maritime Surveillance System Completed (page 30)
8) Easing Regulations Via a Parking Web Portal?
Link to article in Parking Today:
9) Is There a Future for Usage-Based Insurance?
Link to blog on Telematics Update:
10) Uncertainty About the Best Way to Adopt Telematics
Link to article on Fleet News:
11) Utah Bill Would Protect Data On Mass Transit Travel
Link to article in The Salt Lake Tribune:
12) New York MTA Loses Billboard Battle with NYC Agency
Link to article in Crain's New York Business:
13) This is How You Respond to Bigoted Bus Ads
Link to blog on The Atlantic Cities:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
14) Drones to Watch Over US Highways
Link to article on TechNewsDaily:
Link to news release: http://goo.gl/0LEy8
15) Traffic Management to Get 'Smarter' in Hyderabad
Link to article in The Hindu:
16) Alberta Transportation to Launch New 511 Services Monday
Link to article in the Edmonton Journal:
Link to article in Government Executive:
ITE 2013 Technical Conference and Exhibit – March 3-6 – San Diego
Today in Transportation History
1958 **55th anniversary** Explorer 1, the first successful US satellite, was launched.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2013 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net