Transportation Communications Newsletter
Monday, January 7, 2013 – ISSN 1529-1057
Follow the TCN on Twitter
Get a preview of what's coming up in the TCN, and more, by following me on Twitter at @TransportComm.
1) New Group Targets New York City's 'Embarrassing' Airports
Link to article in Crain's New York Business:
2) Dubai RTA Unveils Revamped Salik Website
Link to article in The National:
3) Intelligent Transportation May Be Big Focus at CES
Link to story on KGO-TV:
4) Marine Communication Systems Used in the Maritime Industry
Link to article on Marine Insight:
5) Documenting 24 Hours in the Lives of Transportation Workers Across the Globe
Link to article in Fast Company:
Link to further information from the Global Lives Project: http://goo.gl/HSXlF
6) Mobile App for Transportation Research Board Annual Meeting
Link to further information:
7) Parking in 140 Characters or Less: New Signs Simplify New York City Parking Rules
Link to article in The New York Observer:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
8) Can Humor Reduce Jaywalking?
Link to column in The Record:
9) Mapping of BNSF Railroad Tracks to Be Modernized
Link to article in The Topeka Capital-Journal:
SAFETY / SECURITY
10) Researchers Say Waze Data Could Help Prevent Accidents
Link to article on GigaOM:
Link to article:
11) The Tech Behind NASA's Martian Chronicles
Link to article in GCN:
12) Revised Ad Policies Helping Transit Agencies
Link to article in Metro:
13) Unofficial Tweeter Still Driving Info to Hamilton, Ontario Bus Service Riders
Link to article from The Hamilton Spectator:
14) Lexus Shows Off Road-Aware Safety Research Prototype
Link to article on CNET:
Link to news release: http://goo.gl/LY4Bk
15) Automakers Open Their In-Car Platforms: First Up, Ford, and Soon, GM
Link to article on All Things D:
16) Driving Lessons
Connected cars represent a major opportunity in the M2M future.
Link to article in Mobile Communications International:
6) Clear Channel’s Total Traffic Network and Toyota Team Up to Bring Instant Traffic and Weather Updates to Drivers’ Dashboards
8) BeCouply and Ford Demonstrate New Sync AppLink App Providing Drivers with Date Suggestions While on the Go
10) Ford First with Kaliki App In-Car Integration for Audio Playback of Major Newspapers and Magazines
Aviation Pros Live – March 13-14 – Las Vegas
Today in Transportation History
1968 **45th anniversary** Surveyor 7, the last in the Surveyor series to explore the Moon, was launched.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2013 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net