Transportation Communications Newsletter
Wednesday, January 23, 2013 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) Airports Improve the Pick-Up Experience with Cellphone Lots
Link to article in USA Today:
2) JetBlue Exec: Mobile is Discovery Piece for Travelers
Link to article on Mobile Marketer:
3) European Airlines Said to Be Teaming to Control Costs of Air Traffic Modernization
Link to article in Air Traffic Management:
GPS / NAVIGATION
4) Vibrating Belt Uses GPS to Guide Cyclists By Tickling Them
Link to Press Trust of India article:
5) IEEE ITS Society Newsletter – January 2013
Link to newsletter:
6) APM Terminals Callao Installs World's First RFID Port Safety Technology for Yard Equipment
Link to article in Port Technology International:
7) Up to Five UK Department for Transport Staff Sacked for 'Misuse of Social Media' Since 2010
Link to article on Huffington Post UK:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
8) Consider 'Technology' and 'Innovation' When Talking Transportation
Link to Talking Transportation blog:
9) Starbucks Expressway? Washington State Could Sell Naming Rights to Roads
Link to story on KING-TV:
SAFETY / SECURITY
10) Big Data Drives Roadway Safety
Link to blog by Scott Belcher, ITS America:
11) MBTA: Mobile Apps Will Be Able to Track Green Line Trains by 2015
Link to article in The Boston Globe:
12) Hillsborough Area Regional Transit Rolls Out Transit Advertising Technology
Link to article in the Tampa Bay Business Journal
Link to news release: http://goo.gl/xo2Sv
13) Which Comes First, Contactless Transit Fares or Widespread Adoption of Contactless Credit Cards?
Link to article on The Atlantic Cities:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
14) How New Jersey DOT Determines Travel Times
Link to column in The Record:
15) Panasonic Automotive Systems Upgrades In-Car Connected Infotainment Platform
Link to article on just-auto:
16) Toshiba Ships 200 GB Hard Drives for Cars
Link to article on the Inquirer:
17) Broadcasters' Guide to the Car Dashboard
Link to blog from Paragon:
- Call for Nominations – 2013 National Roadway Safety Awards
- Call for Nominations – ITS America Board of Directors
Webinar: Learning from Hurricane Sandy – Best Practices for Mass Notification and Weather Emergencies – January 31
Today in Transportation History
1913 **100th anniversary** Wally Parks, the founder of the National Hot Rod Association, was born in Goltry, Oklahoma.
1963 **50th anniversary** The longest railroad strike in history began against the Florida East Coast Railway. The dispute wasn't settled for nine years.
1968 **45th anniversary** North Korea seized the USS Pueblo.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2013 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net