Transportation Communications Newsletter
Wednesday, January 16, 2013 – ISSN 1529-1057
Transportation Radio Content Question
I'm giving some thought to beginning a series of audio interviews and would like your feedback on what they should focus on. One thought is to interview the heads of the various state DOTs around the US and to talk about some of what they and their agencies are doing as far as communications. This can include topics such as ITS and public outreach. A variation on that would be to talk to others in the agencies with a focus more on ITS. Do you have a preference? I'm also thinking about talking to various transportation associations to hear a bit about some of the communication challenges the industries they represent face. Whatever I decide to do, I'll still have other transportation-related reports that I'll run from time-to-time. Please share your ideas with me. You can hear my previous reports here.
1) Hate Speed Cameras? App Warns of DC-Area Devices
Link to article in Washington City Paper:
2) Google, Apple, Nokia and the Quest for the Perfect Map
Link to article in Fast Company:
3) Airports Becoming Innovative and Futuristic When It Comes to Parking Services
Link to article in Airport World:
4) North County Transit District Advances Positive Train Control Installation on Coaster System
Link to article in Progressive Railroading:
SAFETY / SECURITY
5) Big Data Meets Big Brother in the Passenger Screening Line
Link to article on Nextgov:
6) Ford Targets 10% Gain in Quality of MyFord Touch System
Link to Reuters article:
7) What Telematics Can Learn from the Consumer Electronics Industry
Link to interview on Telematics Update:
8) I-15 Transit Hub Promised in San Diego Neighborhood
Will include electronic 'next bus' signs and smart parking spaces.
Link to article in U-T San Diego:
9) Finally: A Transit Ticket on Your Smartphone
Link to article on The Atlantic Cities:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
10) Utah Traffic Signs Warning of Bad Air Less Frequent?
Link to article in the Deseret News:
11) Columbia County, Georgia Could Construct Electronic Traffic Message Signs
Link to story on WJBF-TV:
12) Auto Safety Advances Sell at Prices Beyond Reach of Many
Link to Bloomberg article:
ITS America Annual Meeting and Exposition – April 22-24 – Nashville, Tennessee
Today in Transportation History
2003 **10th anniversary** The Space Shuttle Columbia took off on its final mission.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2013 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net