Transportation Communications Newsletter
Tuesday, January 29, 2013 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) Alaska Tests New Search and Rescue System
Link to article in Flying:
2) Beyond ADA: Increasing Airport Accessibility for All
Link to commentary in Airport Improvement:
3) Neighborhood Clusters Added to Updated Capital Bikeshare Trip Visualizer
Link to blog on Mobility Lab:
4) Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood to Leave Office
Link to AP article:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
5) States Using 'POP' Before Talking Transportation
Link to Talking Transportation blog:
6) Why Mobile Ticketing Represents a New Era for US Railways
Link to article in Future Rail:
7) Articles from Progressive Railroading – January 2013
- Grade Crossing Safety: Freight and Passenger Railroads Take a Multi-Pronged Approach
- Union Pacific Opens Information Technology Center in Austin
8) Articles from Roads & Bridges – January 2013
- Improving Retroreflectivity on Curves Has Modest Effect
- Cities Search for Answers to Prevent Deadly Wrong-Way Crashes
SAFETY / SECURITY
9) Earthquake Alert System May Be Coming to California
Link to article in the San Francisco Chronicle:
10) US Navy Collecting Info About Tethered Aerostat Surveillance Systems for First Responders
Link to article in Government Security News:
11) Indian Urban Development Ministry Suggests CCTVs, GPS in Public Transport Buses
Link to article in the Hindustan Times:
12) New York MTA Considers Alarm System for When Someone Falls or Jumps Onto Tracks
Link to article in the Daily News:
13) Survey: Chicago Transit Riders Want Arrival Screens, More Shelter
Link to story on WBEZ Radio:
14) Titan Inks Deal with Chicago Transit Authority, Plans 100 Digital Signage Screens for Chicago Loop
Link to article on DigitalSignageToday:
15) Chicago Transit Authority Website Offers Why 'Things Go Wrong'
Link to column in the Chicago Tribune:
16) Will Smart Mobile Devices Change OEM Hardware?
Link to article on Telematics Update:
17) Continental CEO Says Automated Driving Possible in Three Years
Link to article on automotiveIT International:
- Business Development Manager, North America – Citilog – Bala Cynwyd, Pennsylvania
Webinar: After the Crash – Successful Traffic Incident Management is No Accident – January 31
Today in Transportation History
1943 **65th anniversary** The Battle of Rennell Island began. It was the last major naval engagement in the fight for Guadalcanal.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2013 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net