Transportation Communications Newsletter
Thursday, January 17, 2013 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) Industry Group Holds First Meeting to Study In-Flight Gadget Use
Link to article in Air Traffic Management:
2) American Airlines Unveils New Logo, Look
Link to AP article:
Link to news release: http://aa.mediaroom.com/index.php?s=43&item=3617
3) Programming a Smoother Commute
Link to CBC News story:
4) Study: Mobile Payments to Have Major Travel Impact
Link to article on Travel Market Report:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
5) Gamification as a Communication Tool Part of Innovative Public Outreach Campaigns
Link to Talking Transportation blog:
SAFETY / SECURITY
6) LTE Test Provides Insight Into Nationwide Public Safety Network
Link to article in Government Technology:
7) Metra Eyes Tech Firm to Bring Wi-Fi Aboard
Link to article in the Chicago Tribune:
8) Smartphone App Developers Say DC Metro Unnecessarily Limits Bus Data
Link to article in The Washington Post:
9) Myki Sacks Workers Hired to Explain Smartcard
Link to article from the Herald Sun:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
10) Alberta to Launch New 511 Road Report Line
Link to QMI Agency article:
11) Traffic Management to Go High-Tech in Bengaluru, India
Link to article in the Deccan Chronicle:
12) Tesla Nimbly Updates Model S Over the Air
Link to article in Automotive News:
Port Technology Seminar – May 14-16 – Jacksonville, Florida
Today in Transportation History
1963 **50th anniversary**
The George Washington Bridge Bus Station opened in Manhattan.
The Short SC.7 Skyvan made its first flight.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2013 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net