Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, August 30, 2013 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) How Can Airports and Airlines Use Wearable Technology to Enhance the Passenger Experience?
Link to article on Future Travel Experience:
2) Airport Cities Must Take Heed of the New York Airports Wi-Fi War
Link to article on Global Airport Cities:
3) Pilot Lingo 101: Aviation Phonetics and Linguistics
Link to article on Alaska Dispatch:
4) Behind the Scenes at Dulles Airport
Link to story on WTTG-TV:
5) Use the Airline's App, and Other Tips for Flying Efficiency
Link to column in The New York Times:
GPS / NAVIGATION
6) Nokia's New In-Car HERE Auto Mapping Tools Offer Real-Time Traffic Updates, Turn-By-Turn Directions and More
Link to article on The Next Web:
Link to news release: http://goo.gl/MBv3wa
7) Massachusetts Gives GPS Firms Heads Up on Low Bridges
Link to article in the Boston Herald:
8) National Park Service to Assess Economic Value of 'Natural Sound'
Link to article on E&E:
9) August/September Issue of Traffic Technology International
Link to magazine:
10) INDEX Award Winner: Life-Saving 'Smart' Highways Will Visually Communicate Dangerous Road Conditions
Link to article on Inhabit:
SAFETY / SECURITY
11) Georgia DOT Launches Video Campaign to Promote Safe Driving
Link to story on WTVY-TV:
12) Eight Ways Tech Will Transform Airport Security
Link to article on Mashable:
13) Viewpoint: Black Box Versus Smartphone in Insurance Telematics
Link to commentary on Telematics Update:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
14) The Best Traffic App Out There Gets an Overhaul, Big Price Cut
Link to article in Wired:
15) Florida DOT Launches New Mobile App
Link to story on WEAR-TV:
16) Reroute Town's Traffic to Get Emergency Vehicles Through
Link to article in New Scientist:
Link to abstract in Expert Systems with Applications:
17) NTSB Says Breakthrough Near on Connected Vehicles
Link to article in The Philadelphia Inquirer:
18) Mercedes Stop-and-Go Autopilot Heralds Hands-Free Push
Link to Bloomberg article:
- Transportation Specialist – Federal Highway Administration – Washington, DC
After you've seen the 100th black suitcase pass on the airport baggage carousel, this would be a pleasant surprise.
ITS Florida 2013 Technical Conference – October 9-11 – Orlando, Florida
Today in Transportation History
1963 **50th anniversary** The hotline between Washington, DC and Moscow went into operation.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2013 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net