Transportation Communications Newsletter
Monday, August 19, 2013 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) US Coast Guard Aviators Shop for a Course-Plotting iPad App
Link to article on Nextgov:
BICYCLES / PEDESTRIANS
2) Study Finds East Germany's Ampelmännchen More Effective at Crosswalks
Link to story on Deutsche Welle:
3) US DOT ITS Joint Program Office ITS Newsletter – August 2013
Link to newsletter:
4) State Sign Shop Helps Keep Maryland Motoring
Link to article in The Baltimore Sun:
5) 'Don't Hit the Car In Front of You' Message on VMS Criticized
Link to article on TheBlaze:
6) A Context Aware Transit Navigator
Link to report from the Transportation Research Board:
7) GM to Offer Smartphone Wireless Charging in 2014 Cars
Link to Bloomberg article:
IAA International Motor Show – September 12-22 – Frankfurt am Main
Today in Transportation History
1913 **100th anniversary** Adolphe Pegoud became the first pilot to parachute from a plane.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2013 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net