Transportation Communications Newsletter
Thursday, August 29, 2013 – ISSN 1529-1057
Telematics for Fleet Management USA 2013 (November 20-21, Atlanta, GA) will discuss how to engage cross industry partners as consolidation and new technologies drastically change the landscape of fleet telematics.
Expert speakers confirmed include Donlen, Penske, Ryder, Daimler, Volvo, Telogis, Garmin, PeopleNet and FMCSA to name a few. The event will feature 200+ delegates, 30+ senior level speakers, 25+ business focused sessions, and 20+ hours of networking.
Key topics include ELD regulation, standardized platforms and data sets, green vehicles, autonomous freight, commercial insurance and key business model and service options to stay relevant in the changing market.
1) Maine's Norridgewock Airport Imperiled By Radio-Frequency Jamming, Police Say
Link to article in the Morning Sentinel:
2) Los Angeles World Airports to Focus on New Marketing Campaigns for Ontario Airport
Link to article in the Daily Bulletin:
3) National Geographic Channel Program to Feature Behind Scenes Look at Dubai Airport
Link to article in the Khaleej Times:
BICYCLES / PEDESTRIANS
4) Study: One in Five High School Students Using Digital Devices While Crossing Street
Link to article on Transportation Nation:
5) Chicago DOT Launches New Online Clearinghouse: 'Complete Streets Chicago'
Link to Streetsblog Chicago:
GPS / NAVIGATION
6) Auto Rickshaws in Chennai to Be Fitted with GPS, Panic Button
Link to article in The Times of India:
7) Golf Courses Take Note: Use GPS to Curb Slow Play
Link to article in Golf Digest:
8) How to Unjam Traffic: It's Not the Car That Matters. It's the Way You Use It.
Link to article in Slate:
9) Parking App Allows Citizens to Issue Disabled Parking Violation Tickets
Link to story on KWCH-TV:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
10) North Carolina DOT Creates Lesson Plan on Walking, Biking Safety
Link to story on the North Carolina News Network:
11) Michigan Amtrak Trains to Get Wi-Fi Thanks to $1 Million in MDOT Funds
Link to article on MLive:
SAFETY / SECURITY
12) Text a Driver in New Jersey, and You Could See Your Day in Court
Link to story on CNN:
TAXIS / RIDESHARING
13) The Future of Social Transportation: Bandwagon is Helping You Share Cab Rides
Link to article in Fast Company:
14) Pro-Palestine Bus Ads Spark Debate in Vancouver, British Columbia
Link to story on CTV:
15) Honda Touts Technology to Cut Pedestrian, Motorcycle Deaths
Link to article in The Detroit News:
16) US DOT Posts Final Agenda for ITS Connected Vehicle Public Meeting
Link to agenda:
3) Colorado DOT Mobile Smartphone Application Launches Real-Time Notifications in Time for Labor Day Weekend
Aviation Week MRO Europe – September 24-26 – London
Today in Transportation History
1898 **115th anniversary** The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company was incorporated.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2013 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net