Transportation Communications Newsletter
Monday, August 5, 2013 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) Google Maps Loses Transit Icons
Link to Greater Greater Washington blog:
2) Company Plans Push to Explain E-ZPass Toll System in Virginia
Link to article in The Virginian-Pilot:
3) Swedish Coastal Radio Network Modernized
Link to article on MarineLink:
4) The Need for Better Signage
Link to blog on Sheepshead Bites:
SAFETY / SECURITY
5) Problems Still Hound Transportation Worker Identification Card
Link to article in FCW:
6) Action Needed to Strengthen TSA's Security Threat Assessment Process
Link to report from the US Government Accountability Office:
7) Talk Radio, Music Genres Have Effect on Driving Behavior, Canadian Survey Says
Link to article in Canadian Underwriter:
8) Robot Astronaut Launched Into Space
Link to story on CBS News:
9) CD Players Make Quiet Exit from Cars
Link to article in USA Today:
2) TransCore and KLD Reach Agreement on Distribution Rights of Adaptive Control Decision Support System Designed for New York City
Today in Transportation History
1888 **125th anniversary** Bertha Benz drove 66 miles (106 km) from Mannheim to Pforzheim, Germany for the first long-distance automobile trip.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2013 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net