Transportation Communications Newsletter
Thursday, August 22, 2013 – ISSN 1529-1057
Countdown to IBTTA’s 81st Annual Meeting & Exhibition – Tolling: Moving Smarter, September 22-25, 2013, in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada – Register Today!
IBTTA's 81st Annual Meeting & Exhibition is fast approaching! Join IBTTA and our host, TI Corporation, in Vancouver and interact with the most influential experts and decision makers from around the globe. Click here for a list of organizations already joining us and be sure to explore our Sponsors and Exhibitors. Arrive a day early for a fundraising golf event to support the IBTTA Foundation. The Tournament will take place at Furry Creek Golf and Country Club. IBTTA’s Annual Meeting & Exhibition will be held at the Vancouver Convention Centre. Featured speakers include Daniel Sieberg, Google’s Head of Media Outreach and a special presentation from Bryan Norcross, Senior Hurricane Specialist with The Weather Channel. Visit www.IBTTA.org/vancouver to view the agenda and to register today!
Early-Bird Discount Still Available – Register by next Monday, August 26th, to receive $100 off your registration fee.
1) Aircraft as a Weather Sensor
Link to article in Meteorological Technology International:
GPS / NAVIGATION
2) Navigating by GPS in Rural Maine: The Downside
Link to story on the Maine Public Broadcasting Network:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
3) Ohio DOT Deal with PR Firm Not Approved After Objects By Senator
Link to article in The Columbus Dispatch:
TAXIS / RIDESHARING
4) Teens Turn to Social Media for Help with Transportation; Some Call It Cyber Hitchhiking
Link to story on KERO-TV:
5) SiriusXM: Ready for Prime Time?
Link to article on Telematics Update:
6) Patent Troll Backs Down, Agrees to Stop Suing Public Transit Agencies
Link to article on Ars Technica:
7) CEO Wants to Improve MARTA's Image
Link to article in the Buckhead Reporter:
8) Nap on the Bus Without Missing Your Stop
Link to article on Geekwire:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
9) GreenOwl Mobile Providing Real-Time Personalized Traffic Reports
Link to article in the Markham Economist & Sun:
10) What Ford Will Learn About the Connected Car from Space Robots
Link to article on GigaOM:
11) Pay-as-You-Drive Insurance Catching On
Link to article in The Detroit News:
12) Agero Talks Analytics, Acquisitions After $530 Million Connected Car Sale
Link to article on Xconomy:
- Request for Letter of Interest - Intelligent Transportation System Technology Solution – Central Florida Regional Transportation Authority
2013 Gulf Region ITS Meeting – September 15-18 – New Orleans
Today in Transportation History
1963 **50th anniversary** American test pilot Joe Walker reached an altitude of 67 miles (108 kilometers) during an X-15 flight.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2013 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net