Transportation Communications Newsletter
Thursday, August 8, 2013 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) Analytics Helping 'Smart' Sydney Airport Get Off the Ground
Link to article on ZDNet:
2) New Bangalore Traffic Management Center Will Bring Enforcement to New Level
Link to article in The Times of India:
3) New York State Bridge Authority to Earn $1.24 Million Leasing Excess Capacity on Fiber Network
Link to article in the Times Herald-Record:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
4) Massachusetts Transportation Chief: Make T Pensions Public
Link to article in the Boston Herald:
5) Longshoreman's Union Sues Port of Portland for $200,000 Records Search
Link to Reuters article:
6) Long Beach Township, New Jersey Teaching Traffic Safety with T-Shirts
Link to article in The SandPaper:
TAXIS / RIDESHARING
7) Will Mobile Technology Uproot Traditional Taxi Systems?
Link to article in Government Technology:
8) In California, They're Not Taxis, They're 'Transportation Network Companies'
Link to article on Transportation Nation:
9) Student Develops Way to Tell Subway Passengers Which Car is Least Crowded
Link to article on Business Insider:
10) Phoning in Your Transit Fare
Link to blog on the Torontoist:
TEN-T Days 2013 – October 15-18 – Tallinn, Estonia
Today in Transportation History
1963 **50th anniversary** The Great Train Robbery took place in England.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2013 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net