Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, August 9, 2013 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) FAA Radio Rules in Area of 2011 Alaska Crash Nearly Standardized
Link to article in the Alaska Journal of Commerce:
2) Alaska DOT&PF Releases Video Describing Challenges of Building Rural Airports
Link to article in The Tundra Drums:
3) A Captive Wi-Fi Audience Pays Off
Link to article from GigaOM:
4) Would This Insanely Complex Diagram Help You Navigate a Subway System?
Link to blog on The Atlantic Cities:
GPS / NAVIGATION
5) Every Three Years Someone Gets Busted for Using a GPS Jammer
Link to column on Nextgov:
6) Seattle Jeweler's Sidewalk Advertising Seen as 'Defacing Public Property'
Link to story on KOMO News:
7) San Francisco Parking Officers Now Snapping Shots of Your Infractions
Link to article in The Examiner:
8) Lawmakers to FCC: Allow Trains to Be Run Automatically
Link to article in The Hill:
SAFETY / SECURITY
9) British Columbia Professor Honored for Role in Emergency Communications
Link to article in The News:
10) Progressive Insurance Seeks to Monitor More Drivers as 40% Say No
Link to Bloomberg article:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
11) Inside Florida DOT's High-Tech Road Monitoring Program
Link to article in Naples Florida Weekly:
12) Twitter Creates New Wave of Radio Stars in UK, Including Traffic Reporters
Link to article in The Independent:
13) Ford Working on System to Display Brake Light Warning in Following Car
Link to article on IOL:
Guess where the world's smallest drawbridge is located? I crossed it last month and had no idea.
- Request for Information – Connected Vehicle - Next Stage Certification Environment – FHWA
Webinar: Attract Developers to the Connected Car – August 14
Today in Transportation History
1892 Thomas Edison received a patent for a two-way telegraph.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2013 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net